Hagerstown Community College is pleased to announce that
applications are currently being accepted for an Executive
Assistant to the President.
The Executive Assistant to the President is responsible for the
efficient operation of the Office of the President, including
office management, public contact, administrative and secretarial
tasks, coordination of meetings and special events, and
administrative support to the President and Board of Trustees.
A. Performs administrative duties for the President and the
Board of Trustees.
1. Manages the day-to-day operations of the Office of the
2. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls to the Office
of the President. Processes correspondence including confidential
mail, documents, and directives.
3. Fields comments from concerned students and the community, and
researches the background and nature of the situation for the
President’s review. Refers complainant to appropriate College
department as needed. Tracks responses to students by other members
of the Executive Staff.
4. Gathers information and prepares the agenda and accompanying
materials for the Board of Trustees meetings. Coordinates and
schedules special and regular meetings for the Board of
5. Takes and transcribes minutes of the Board and Cabinet meetings;
prepares and distributes minutes to administrators and board
members; and maintains the official record of the Board and Cabinet
6. Annually prepares calendar of Board meeting dates and recurring
topics for meetings each month. Also includes major campus event
7. Prepares and distributes reports and communications originating
from the Presidents Office.
8. Prepares special contracts and agreements that are initiated by
the President’s Office.
9. Coordinates and maintains records for submission of Financial
Disclosure Statements to the Maryland State Ethics Commission by
the Board of Trustees and Executive Officers as designated by the
10. Tracks and distributes Grant Application Forms.
11. Maintains files, some of which are confidential in nature.
12. Maintains budget records and monitors expenditures.
13. Maintains and submits requisitions for office supplies and
14. Maintains monthly attendance records of exempt and non-exempt
staff who report directly to the President.
15. Coordinates the travel and conference arrangements for the
President, other executive officers, and Trustees as required.
16. Types correspondence and maintains files for community
organizations with which the President is associated.
17. Acknowledges donations to the HCC Foundation and prepares
deposits for donations to be deposited in the Foundation’s
18. Serves as a Notary Public for College personnel and board
19. Serves on College committees as necessary.
20. Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of events
for which the President is responsible or attends as necessary.
B. Schedules appointments/conferences.
1. Manages the President’s calendar, including scheduling or
rescheduling multi-party meetings and appointments with campus and
off-campus groups. Keeps the President informed in advance of his
schedule, and initiates and submits travel vouchers when
2. Arranges for conferences/workshops and meetings for the
President and Board of Trustees by securing facilities, arranging
hospitality, and notifying attendees of the arrangements.
3. Maintains schedule of Board Room.
C. Coordinates hospitality.
1. Provides hospitality for the Trustees and other groups who
meet with the President, including coordinating with Food Service
or an outsourced caterer for luncheons and refreshments.
2. Assists in the planning and execution of hospitality for special
functions hosted by the President’s Office, i.e., faculty/staff
convocations, service award programs, employee Holiday dinner,
3. Assists in planning and preparing for various College events,
functions, and projects including but not limited to commencement,
Honors Convocation, retirement reception, Trustee receptions,
accreditation visitations, groundbreakings, and dedications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required , including or supplemented by
courses in office technology, word processing, data bases, and
spreadsheets; 5 years related experience of a progressively more
responsible nature to include some experience on an integrated
computerized system; thorough knowledge of office terminology and
techniques; or any combination of experience and training which
provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must possess
tact, courtesy, and a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
proficient skills in computer applications such as Word, Access,
and Excel; some computerized accounting skills; ability to handle
various requests simultaneously; possess exceptional office
management skills; must be highly organized and meticulous; ability
to type minimum rate of 50 wpm; ability to take and transcribe oral
dictation; ability to maintain confidentiality of the Office of the
President; ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with
staff, students, and top level government and business officials;
ability to work well under pressure and make judgments in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
Ability to obtain Notary Public certification.
For more information on this position and to formally apply,
please visit HCC's employment page at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6160104.careers?ShowJob=436621591.
Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Office at
240-500-2585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.