To perform and supervise construction, renovation and repairs.
Responsible for all building and furniture maintenance related to
the Carpentry Department, Painting Department and Locksmith.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all phases of construction-related work, including
construction of walls, ceilings, painting, installation of doors,
windows, roofs, etc
- Plans projects, orders material and manages staff
- Prioritizes and issues work assignments.
- Develops plans for the proper maintenance and upkeep of
- Works with outside contractors by developing specifications,
obtaining quotes, coordinating schedules and monitoring work for
work outside the capacity of in-house staff
- Perform repairs in all areas of building and furniture
maintenance on a campus with multiple historic buildings.
- Completes and closes work orders issued through a computerized
maintenance management system.
- Inspects quality of work.
- This position is considered "essential personnel", and employee
may be assigned work in other areas during emergency
Supports locksmith duties in the absence of the locksmith.
LICENSES, TOOL, AND EQUIPMENT:
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have a home telephone service that allows Management or
Security the ability to contact you.
This position is subject to outside work and extreme cold and hot
temperatures may be encountered in this position. The potential
exists where noise, vibration, hazards and atmospheric conditions
might also be encountered. Use of protective equipment is required.
The employee must be especially aware of any impact on safety and
High school diploma or GED required. Must have a minimum of eight
years experience in the construction field or building maintenance.
Ability to supervise a team in planning, estimating, execution, and
completion of assigned work. Ability to do assigned work without
constant supervision. Ability to work overtime, when required. Must
be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with
supervisor, fellow workers and students. Must be neat in work
appearance. Must be able to lift and carry 80 pounds.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
employees including (waiting periods apply):
- health, dental and vision coverage available on the first of
the month following date of hire
- 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA with employee and employer
contributions as well as access to advising services
- long-term disability coverage
- employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- up to 100% free tuition at Salve for eligible employees and
- robust wellness program and free access to the on-campus
Other available benefits include:
- supplemental life insurance for employees and dependents
- supplemental insurance coverage through Aflac
- Tuition Exchange scholarship program. Application available for
qualified dependents of eligible employees working full-time
- discounted pet insurance through ASPCA
- student loan forgiveness assistance program (SAVI)
- discounted auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual
- employee Assistance Program through Coastline EAP
- flexible spending health and dependent care accounts
- health savings accounts
- 529 collegebound saver program
For more detailed information on Salve's benefits, visit https://salve.edu/human-resources/benefits
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.