Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth
largest of NC. Community College System's 58 institutions. On our
six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve
approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color.
We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational
outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including,
but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual
orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to
cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes,
develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an
exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision,
and values, to join the team as our new Dean, Human Services and
Responsible for providing divisional leadership that supports the
mission, vision and strategic goals of the College. Responsible for
the development, implementation, evaluation and management of
assigned instructional programs, services, budget and division
employees. Provides leadership in curriculum, academic assessment,
strategic planning and budgeting. Employs enrollment management and
retention strategies. Fosters collaborative working relationships
with internal and external counterparts to communicate and
coordinate initiatives that support College and instructional
goals. Includes the following instructional programs and non-credit
training/educational units: : Criminal Justice Technology,
Emergency Medical Sciences, Fire Protection, Health and Physical
Education, Human Services Technology, Basic Law Enforcement
Training/In-service Training, Emergency Medical Technician
Occupational Extension Training, Fire Academy/Fire Occupational
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
institution in a discipline taught within the division (summary
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
- Five years of post-secondary teaching experience in a field
represented within the Division.
- Three years of progressive academic administrative experience
in a postsecondary institution.
- Experience with faculty supervision including performance
- Experience in budget development and management.
- Experience with enrollment management, curriculum/program
development, and assessment.
- Experience in building collaborative community/workforce
- Experience with programmatic accreditation and regulatory
- Greater than five years of post-secondary teaching experience
in a field represented within the Division.
- Greater than three years of progressive academic administrative
experience in a postsecondary institution.
- Community college teaching and/or administrative
- Experience with distance learning modalities and