Student Service Assistant, CAPS - PT Flex
Internal Position Title:
Student Service Assistant, CAPS -
: Counseling and Psych Services
The College of Lake County is looking to fill a Student Service
Assistant, PT Flex position for the Counseling and Psychological
Services (CAPS) Department. Under the administrative supervision of
the Director of CAPS and the full-time Administrative Assistant,
the Student Services Assistant performs clerical and receptionist
duties including, but not limited to, assisting students in person
and over the phone, as well as assisting with the day-to-day
operations of CAPS and its staff members.
1. A high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Familiarity with use of computers.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
4. Evidence of customer service orientation.
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Previous clerical or receptionist experience desired.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This is a part-time flex
position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration
of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of
Lake County.Part-time flex employees are not eligible to
participate in any benefits program at the College, including
tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid
Part Time Flex
Total Hours Per Week:
Up to 19 hours
-Monday through Friday. Up to19 hours a week on an as needed
basis.-Need lunchtime coverage as well as additional daytime and
Software Testing Required:
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
1. Greets students in person and by phone while providing basic
2. Makes and revises appointments in confidential scheduling
3. Provides office support to the CAPS staff.
4. Facilitates student data entry via iPad for initial and
follow-up appointments as requested by clinical staff.
5. Assists staff in preparing materials for outreach presentations
6. Sends communications to CLC community at the direction of CAPS
7. Sorts, routes, and responds to incoming email and mail
8. Consults with clinical staff as necessary.
9. Contributes to a welcoming and calming atmosphere in CAPS.
10. Helps monitor and maintain office supplies and equipment.
11. Follows all college and departmental procedures and policies;
upholds professional standards, including handling of confidential
student mental health records.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20436