Internal Position Title:
: Personal Enrichment
The College of Lake County is currently looking for an
to join the Personal Enrichment
Department. The Office Assistant
standard and advanced customer service (clerical) support to
Personal Enrichment customers; Adults, Youth, and Seniors in
Community Programming. It requires experience, the use of
discretion, customer service skills and knowledge of college and
departmental policies and procedures. This position is under the
supervision of the Executive Director of Community Programs.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and
Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition
Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are
eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills, including MS Word,
Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to sit and interact with public (over the phone, email,
or in person) continuously, and walk, stand, bend, squat, climb,
kneel, twist, lift (0-50+ lbs.), carry (0-50+ lbs.) and push (0-300
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Previous office experience in an education environment
- Evidence of a customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Good organization skills.
- Familiarity with the Internet.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday-Friday, five (5) hours per day, start time can be
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word, Outlook
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Student/Customer Services: 60%
Department Operations and Processes: 30%
- Greet customers and triage needs with appropriate
- Answer main customer service phone line, web chats and email
responding to or redirecting inquiries as appropriate.
- Assist customers in the selection of classes or answer
questions about classes.
- Assist customers in enrolling in classes.
- Make outbound communications via phone or email regarding
changes to classes and other information.
- Assist program coordinators in the scheduling of classes
including securing classrooms.
- Input class data into the operating systems.
- Update systems as needed regarding classes; room change,
cancelation or different instructor.
- Produce system reports as requested.
- Proof semester class schedules with team.
- Create and disseminate communications for the instructors.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20469
- Complete all mandated training on time.
- Complete additional trainings as suggested by the Executive
- Attend team, group and unit meetings as requested.
- Learn, adopt and demonstrate CLC values.
- Other duties as assigned.