Enrollment Services Generalist
Internal Position Title:
: Welcome and One Stop Center
College of Lake County as an exciting opportunity in our
Welcome and One Stop Center
Enrollment Services Generalist
! The generalist
will provide a wide range of information and assistance to
students, staff, and the community. Deliver comprehensive general
information regarding all aspects of college procedures, programs
and services that pertain to the enrollment process. The generalist
is also responsible to support the registration of students in
courses according to established guidelines which requires
knowledge in the application of policies and procedures. If you
have a passion for customer service and enjoy helping students, we
want to hear from you!!
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation
and Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition
Reimbursement for advanced degrees.
In addition, employees
are eligible to participate in the State University Retirement
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- Associates degree required or an equivalent combination of
education and experience from which comparable knowledge and
abilities can be acquired.
- Two years of general office experience is required.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of
diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and
abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the
diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are
- Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions
and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must be able to use a computer to enter, retrieve and
manipulate data is required.
- Ability to sit and interact with public (internal/external)
continuously. Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel,
twist, lift (0-50 lbs.), lift (50+ lbs.), carry (0-50 lbs.), carry
(50+ lbs.), push (0-300 lbs) occasionally.
- Experience in a high-volume cashiering operation.
- Ability to multitask between various computer programs and
- Work experience in an educational setting.
- Experience working in a large office setting.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday - Thursday - 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Friday - 11:30 AM- 4:30 PM
Hours may vary and may include occasional evenings and
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Customer Service - 75%
Data entry/reporting - 15%
- Provide accurate information to students and the community by
telephone or in person by interpreting Federal, State and College
policies and procedures appropriately as well as follow the
guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA). If necessary, route inquiries to appropriate person.
- Understand Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Records,
Cashier, Testing and Academic Advising processes, as well as a
basic understanding of other departments and areas around campus in
order to serve as a campus resource for students and potential
- Train students how to use online enrollment services functions
to support admission, registration, and payment activities. Educate
students on how to access College information available on the
- Verify “in-district” residency documentation. Review documents
submitted in-person for accuracy and completeness. Record documents
as received in the appropriate computer software. Assist in the
registration of students as well as add/drop courses as appropriate
and according to College policies.
- Display initiative and be proactive in helping students through
the enrollment process.
- Provide general office telephone support and services.
- Provide general office CHAT and email support and
- Demonstrates solid commitment to our Q-DIALS Program and
participates with CLC goals and initiatives. Demonstrates the
Service Excellence communication method towards customers and
ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while
building the College’s reputation as a premier educational
- Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and
standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting
performance management system objectives and career goals.
Department/Division Support - 10%
- Generate various reports regarding students and prospective
- Assist in maintaining student records including filing and
- Input various data collected on the student profile with
accordance to policy and procedure.
Other - 5%
- Work may include rotation of duties for the Welcome and One
Stop Center and support for back of house office operations.
- Coordinate services which connect students to meet with
advisors or specialists from Academic Advising, Counseling, the
Career Center and other college departments as necessary.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20422
- Assist the Manager with the training and supervision of student
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of Welcome and
One Stop Center processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the
delivery of enrollment services information provided in person,
over the telephone, and via the internet.
- May be required to lead training for areas of specialization to
other Welcome and One Stop Center staff as well as personnel from
other Student Development Departments.
- Report PeopleSoft problems to the computer technical support
group. Follow-up and verify corrections or changes.
- All Welcome and One Stop Center staff members are expected to
present a professional, businesslike image to visitors, customers
and the public. The College will provide all Welcome Center staff
members with uniform options and expect that staff wear one of
these options on all occasions, unless otherwise approved.
- Perform other job related duties.