Internal Position Title:
: Testing Center, LSC
The College of Lake County is currently looking for a
to join the Testing Centers
Department. Under the direct supervision of Manager Testing
Centers, the Testing Assistant administers exams, schedules testing
appointments, responds to phone calls, enters testing scores into
the student database, provides clerical support for maintaining
files and records, maintains test security and confidentiality of
testing and student information, provide customer service support
and information, tracks daily testing statistics, opens and closes
center as needed. Assists with distance learning exams as
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and
Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition
Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are
eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of office experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse culture, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic; socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Experience working in a Testing Center or an Educational
- Good organizational, communication, and customer service
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Total Hours Per Week:
Typical schedule is Monday through Friday. 5 hour shift M-Th and 4
hours on Friday. Some weekends may be required.
Software Testing Required:
Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Administers a variety of exams for students, community members,
instructors and staff. Exams may include but are not limited to
placement testing into CLC courses and programs; testing for
traditional, distance learning and alternative learning courses;
accommodated testing for students with disabilities; constitution
exams; professional certification exams; credit by exam testing;
GED and other High School Equivalency exams; career interests and
personality assessments; and other proctored exams. Exams are
administered in computerized, paper, and Internet-based formats
with different rules, regulations, and procedures for each exam
program. For some exam programs, approval or certification as a
test administrator may be required and based on stringent
guidelines, educational qualifications, or testing
Student/Customer Service: 90%
Data entry/records coordination: 5%
- Assists in training new and temporary employees.
- Provides customer service support and information about testing
services to students, instructors, staff members in other
departments, and others requesting general information by
telephone, email, or in person.
- Sets up computers for testing and reports any technical
- Assists supervisors in organizing files, workspace and other
- Acts as a certified GED Examiner for the College of Lake County
Grayslake GED Testing Center. Duties include administering the GED
exam, ensuring test security, reporting and resolving testing
problems, responding to information requests, and other related
responsibilities. Administers and maintains exam security for all
ICCB-approved High School Equivalency exams.
- Attains exam administrator and proctor certifications, and
maintains certifications periodically, as required by outside
testing partners and regulatory bodies.
- Schedules testing appointments for examinations such as CLEP,
DANTES, SkillCheck and other exams requiring appointments for
- Maintains confidentiality of testing records and student
information; completes annual FERPA compliance training.
- Coordinates provision of testing accommodations for students
with documented disabilities. Works with supervisors, CLC
Disability Office, outside testing agencies, and CLC Testing staff
to assure provision of approved accommodations.
- Administers tests in strict compliance with all applicable
testing rules, regulations, and procedures; maintains required
security of all exam materials and confidentiality of proprietary
information; provides clear and concise information and testing
instructions to examinees.
- Monitors the testing rooms to ensure examinees are complying
with testing rules and procedures. Reports any suspected violations
of testing rules and procedures, such as cheating and identity
fraud, to supervisors.
- Entering scores and managing other paperwork as needed
- Tracks daily testing statistics of exams administered within
the testing center
- Enters test scores of college placement examinations into
student database management system (PeopleSoft).
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20410
- Sharing information with students and community members
- Performs other duties as assigned.