Office Assistant, Campus Services
Internal Position Title:
: Campus Services
College of Lake County is seeking a Part Time Office
to support our Campus Serivces Department.
(Mon thru Fri 8:00am- 1:00pm)
The Office Assistant
assists with the general mail room operation and performance of
shipping and receiving duties to include but not limited to,
sorting, picking up, delivering, and processing mail, assisting
with incoming goods, and phone and customer inquiries.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation
and Sick Leave and Tuition waiver
for CLC classes and
Tuition Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees
are eligible to participate in the State University Retirement
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. on a
regular basis, and 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, with or without
- Valid driver’s license.
- Two years’ office or mail room experience.
- Experience driving a work van.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This postiion will remain open
$12.00 per hour
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word, Outlook
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
1. Sorts daily mail from post office.
2. Picks up and processes outgoing mail using the postal metering
3. Sorts incoming and interoffice mail, and assists with delivering
mail, publications, supplies, etc. to college offices, divisions,
and faculty, and prepares shipments for delivery to extension
4. Assists with receiving the incoming delivery of goods and
forwards to requisitioning departments; processes freight shipments
and return of goods.
5. Makes mail deliveries to other campuses.
6. Assists with storing items in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Assists with developing effective methods of outgoing mail
8. Assists with answering phones and customer inquiries.
9. Assists with print and copy jobs.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20397