Custodian 3rd Shift
Internal Position Title:
College of Lake County is seeking a 3rd Shift Custodian for our
Grayslake Campus. Under the supervision of the Custodial
Supervisor, the incumbent maintains cleanliness and sanitation of
the college campuses. Regular Hours are Monday - Friday 11:00pm -
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently
includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and
Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and
qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group
and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible
spending account plans, generous vacation, sick and personal time
off and 14 paid holidays each year.
- A high school diploma, or equivalent required.
- Continuously walking or standing, frequent bending, squatting,
climbing, kneeling, and twisting and occasionally sitting. Ability
to push, carry, lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, and over 50
lbs. on an occasional basis with or without reasonable
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Knowledge of custodial functions and procedures.
- Ability to provide leadership to staff and to follow
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
$15.62/HR. + $.60 shift differential
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday 11:00 PM-7:00 AMTuesday 11:00 PM-7:00 AMWednesday 11:00
PM-7:00 AMThursday 11:00 PM-7:00 AMFriday 11:00 PM-7:00 AM
Software Testing Required:
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
The Custodian’s duties shall include, but are not limited to, the
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20463
- Cleans interior and exterior of all buildings, which includes
sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, buffing, dusting, washing windows,
louvers and light diffusers, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of entrance areas,
washrooms, administrative offices, staff/faculty lounges,
lunchrooms, corridors and cleans waste receptacles.
- Assists in snow removal as needed, front entrance and
- Assists in room and activities set-ups, furniture moves, and
stage set-ups, etc.
- Uses equipment to perform the essential functions of the job,
including vacuum cleaner, basic hand tools, walk-behind hard floor
scrubber, walk-behind hard floor burnisher, and carpet water
- Demonstrates solid commitment to the CLC values of integrity,
inclusion, unity, purpose, compassion and excellence in student
success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the
College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
- Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and
standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting
performance management system objectives and career goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of
Facilities, Shift Supervisor, or the Lead Custodian.