Job Title: Coordinator of Student Financial
Services (Financial Aid Coordinator)
Job ID: 24474
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to Director of Student Financial Services (SFS), the
Coordinator of Student Financial Services is responsible for the
advisement of prospective and continuing students on the options to
finance their education. The SFS Coordinator will attend
recruitment and conversion events, present to prospective students
and their families, and assist with the coordination of major
projects in the Student Financials area.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Coordinator of
Student Financial Services duties include but are not limited
- Attend recruitment and conversion events and advise prospective
students and their families on the options to finance their
- Work seamlessly with the Admissions team to ensure integration
and coordination of information.
- Coordinate outreach in the form of calls, presentations, etc.,
to various student groups.
- Support the development of student financials information to be
included in all admissions materials.
- Document SFS processes including the management of a
- Work closely with Student Affairs and attend orientation
- Work closely with the Call Center, Financial Aid, Bursar, and
Scholarship teams to ensure that all information is accurate and
- Develop a tracking mechanism to report on interactions with
students and their families. Review and report on findings.
- Assist with assessment activities.
- Assist with the management of the student financials social
- Attend trainings on financial aid, payment, and scholarship
options to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption
(medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be
considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully
vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks
past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen.
Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of
Bachelor's degree is required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be student centered and work extremely well with students,
parents, faculty, and staff
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Must work collaboratively and as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative preferred
- Experience in higher education preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Coordinates financial aid procedures and activities and
provides financial aid information.
- Schedules workshops, reviews applications, establishes pay
cycles, disburses funds and resolves disbursement problems, and
records awards, disbursements and returns
- Coordinates, verifies and resolves problems regarding the
disbursement of scholarships and grants by verifying student
eligibility, establishing pay cycles and reviewing pay-outs
- Reconciles accounting and disbursement schedules
- Provides data for financial aid and donor reports as
- Supports the College's enrollment management efforts by
providing financial aid information to prospective students, their
families and their high school counselors
- Serves as liaison between the college and direct loan
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation,
supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and
professional development. We offer a range of health plans,
competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition
waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off.
Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and
athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to
participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the
greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log
in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you
are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume in .doc or
June 16, 2022
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans
and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also
included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees
will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally
protected category, including sexual orientation or gender
identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.