The Athletic Department sponsors 19 varsity sports, competing in
the NCAA Division III and the SUNYAC Conference.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan
including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan
options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous
- Paid leave provisions including sick and holiday leave;
impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus
supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help
employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their
personal life, including professional development programs and
services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership
to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and
Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the successful candidate
will discharge the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III
Baseball program. This will include recruiting and
retention of student-athletes, practice and contest preparation and
coaching supervision and mentoring of part-time assistant coaches,
budgeting, fundraising, planning and supervising all team, and
- Mentor and coach student-athletes and assist student-athletes
in the development of baseball skills and an understanding of
strategies necessary to succeed.
- Assist with sourcing and hire of an assistant coach to
facilitate a competitive baseball program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining compliance with NCAA,
SUNYAC and Fredonia rules and regulations.
- Participate in committees and provide service to the
Department, University and Profession.
- Be aware of, understand, and follow all university
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher
- Demonstrated record of successful participation, coaching and
recruiting in the sport of baseball.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation with strong interpersonal
- Demonstrated willingness and ability, to travel and work a
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and work with student
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues for program
growth and enhancement.
- Possess current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification or ability
to immediately obtain.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse
group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of
campus and department mission.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution of higher
- Prior experience coaching at the NCAA Division III level
This is a full-time (10-month), term appointed, SL3,
UUP-represented position with a NYS title of Coach with an
anticipated start date of August 10,
Salary range of $55,000
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.