About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle is seeking applicants for the Flight Simulation
Programs Training Manager at the Daytona Beach campus. This
position is charged with providing the development, implementation,
oversight, and evaluation of simulation programs in the Flight
Department. The training manager will work with a focus on meeting
the needs for educating within the Flight Department's
Primary responsibilities include:
Management and Evaluation
Development and Maintenance
- Tracking student performance data
- Managing staffing and scheduling for flight instructors and
graduate assistants for simulation and virtual reality (VR)
- Managing student scheduling and student enrollment
- Communicate and coordinate within the Flight Department to
ensure a high level of production and customer service
- Developing flight training content in VR, LMSs, 3dPrepated,
- Maintaining virtual reality hardware and software
- Maintaining and troubleshooting computer based training
- Communicating and coordinator with external software and
- Supervising a team of flight instructors and graduate
- Providing instruction on Air Traffic Control (ATC)
- Providing instruction on aircraft systems and procedures in
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or Computer Science related area
- 3-5 years of work related experience
- FAA Certificated Flight Instructor/Instrument CFI, CFII
- Minimum 400 hours Dual Flight Instruction Given.
- In depth knowledge of federal aviation regulations, FAA Airman
Certification Standards, flight instruction techniques, and
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information
systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems,
Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user
- Strong working knowledge of the FAA Fundamentals of
- Strong working knowledge of Virtual Reality (VR) devices and
- Exceptional MS Excel experience and skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Flight Simulation and Training
- Working knowledge of MS Power BI.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong ability to track individual student progress.
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Above average flying skills and knowledge of aircraft systems,
principles of flight, and navigation theory.
- Proven ability to interact in a cooperative environment through
- Proven ability to commit to common goals.
- Proven ability to contribute to problem solving.
- Proven ability to encourage employees to communicate ideas and