Academic Program Coordinator, Senior - Asian Academic
Center for International Ed
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an
unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values.
We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our
efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of
This position involves working with partner institutions in China,
occasionally on China time. This position will also include
international travel as needed to the partner institution.
Come join our team of more than 70 full-time, part-time, and
student staff representing five continents and 16 native languages!
Be a part of an internationally recognized Centre for International
Education at Northern Arizona University (NAU). Located within the
Asian Academic Engagement team in the NAUCIE, this position
provides programming coordination under the supervision of the
Director of Asian Academic Engagement.
This position works specifically with Shanghai Normal University
Tianhua College (“Tianhua”) on the China 4+0 Joint Institute's
management, delivery, coordination, and other activities under the
delegation of the director. This position also requires frequent
work outside of business hours and occasional travel to
Program Management - 35%
- Communicates with all relevant departments at NAU, including
international admission office, business analysts, ITS, etc. to
ensure all business processes are smooth and effective
- Works collaboratively with the director to compose and edit
articulation plans, policy, and procedure documents for the joint
- Evaluates program effectiveness to develop and implement
improved methods; analyzes results and takes proper action based on
outcome as requsted by the director
- Maintains program statistics and student data reporting to
ensure the operations of the joint institue is in compliance with
institutional stakeholders such as IRA, ABOR, and HLC
- Serves on the Joint Management Committee and the Teaching
Supervision Committee, and provides logistical support for all
committee participants as needed
- Conducts orientation presentations for new students and
- Manages administrative processes regarding student dual-
admissions, affiliate status management, petitions, appeals,
- Monitors students' academic progression and graduation status,
and produces relevant reports as requested by the direcor
- Serves as a backup in absence of Director for all matters
related to the joint institute.
International Coordination and Collaboration - 35%
- Collaborates with Program in Intensive English, College of
Education, and College of Arts & Letters on faculty search,
recruitment, training, and deployment to the joint institute,
including full-time NAU faculty and global expats hired within
- Works with the Asian Academic Engagement team to arrange
logistical details for NAU faculty's travel to China and global
expats' local arrangements
- Coordinates logistics, teaching scheduling, and communications
for all outbound faculty deployed to the joint institute at
- Maintains positive and productive working relationships with
Tianhua leadership and program counterparts
- Collaborates with counterparts at Tianhua on the annual China
MOE's joint institute evaluation
- Serves as liasion between NAU and Tianhua and develops
relationships with both institutions' academic departments to
ensure student success
- Coordinates incoming delegations and faculty training groups
from Shanghai Normal University Tianhua College.
Budget Management - 25%
- Oversees invoicing and incoming payments from Tianhua, and
disburses payments to consulting agency as stated in relevant
- Works with NAU's budget office, CIE, PIE, College of Education,
and College of Arts&Letters to ensure smooth distribution of
- Manages joint institute's budget and approve expenses for the
operations of the 4+0 joint institute
- Other budgetary related responsibilities related to programming
with Tianhua College.
Other - 5 %
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related
- 4 years' experience in program coordination in a higher
- Ability to communicate effectively in Mandarin and
- Master's degree in related field.
- 5 or more years' experience in program and event coordination
in a higher education setting.
- 5 or more years' experience in student advising, with a
significant portion of those advisees being international
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin Chinese (speaking, writing,
- Working knowledge of Chinese cultural customs and higher
- Budgetary management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of rules, regulations, guidelines, and
procedures related to program area.
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting and account reconciliation
- Advanced knowledge of organizational practices and
- Program coordination and execution.
- Coordination of activities, evaluating data, and establishing
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Works independently.
- Exercises good judgement and professionalism.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination
requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal
court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent
executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees
of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For
current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please
visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive
position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona
University requires satisfactory results for the following: a
criminal background investigation, employment history
investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and
fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL,
you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere
to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in
the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $47,634. Annual salary commensurate with
candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent
benefit package including generous health, dental and vision
insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System;
paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for
employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at
NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff
employees are in a probationary status for their first six months
at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a
position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's
BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the
pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date.
Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in
benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in
the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability
coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period
following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision
of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors
Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
June 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606316&PostingSeq=1