Security Sensitive Position?
Hours of Work
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F
Official TSU Title
COORD EARL CARL INSTITUTE LAW SCHOOL (ECI)
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
Under general supervision develops and coordinates activities
relative to the administrative and business operations of the
department of the Earl Carl Institute for Legal & Social Policy
at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
Essential Duties Summary
- Coordinates the daily operations of the Earl Carl Institute
including; disseminating, responding to and filing electronic and
paper correspondence as well as telephone contacts with potential
internal and external constituents, and utilizing case management
system to determine status of client applications and cases and to
assist with compiling data for grant compliance reports.
- Supports administrative needs of the department of 15 – 20
- Coordinates, when activated, the student interview process
which may include student file review, telephone interviews,
application of eligibility criteria for remote or campus interview,
and documentation of interviews conducted by the ECI selection
- Prepares operations-related reports for internal use and
- Serves as point of contact for the assigned area and answers
routine and complex questions concerning department activities and
operations. Screens and directs telephone calls and visitors to
appropriate person(s). Assists with the coordination and tracking
of pending assignments, requests for information from internal and
external contacts, and scheduling of appointments. May
independently troubleshoot and resolve complex issues related to a
diverse customer base, as appropriate.
- Serves as a Customer Service Representative for potential
applicants, clients, students, and clients of the Institute.
- Responsible for coordinating and arranging meetings, luncheons,
seminars, conferences, and travel plans. Prepares travel and
expense documentation, meeting agendas, marketing materials, and
reserves rooms and facilities, makes arrangements for food
services, prepares, and distributes meeting minutes when
- Processes contract staff and direct vendor payments, including
entries into financial software and preparing checks. Maintain and
update cloud-based financial records and budgeting spreadsheets for
several projects. Prepare department records for yearly audit.
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains electronic and manual
file system. Files correspondence, materials, and other records for
future reference according to established file retention schedule
and procedures. Follows procedures for systematic retention,
protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of files and records
according to established file retention schedule and
- May take notes during research or legal meetings
(faculty/staff/students), maintain law office management software
and electronic databases, including financial software of the
- Works with the Law School Dean, the ECI Executive Director and
the Associate Director for special projects to process donations
and assist with creating a donor cultivation plan and maintaining
up to date and accurate donor information in the donor software
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$38,022.00 - $45,626.00
High School diploma or G.E.D.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Banner, ACES2, and other job-related software systems.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Knowledge of financial software a plus. Ability to use social
- Verbal and written communication.
- Effective customer service.
- Multi-task and time management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proper grammar for both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Create advanced charts and spreadsheets.
- Work independently.
- Communicate effectively.
One (1) to three (3) years of specialized or technical training
experience in nonprofit, higher education.
Experience in legal operations, preferably law school-related
clinical, research or policy operations preferred.
Knowledge of or experience working with ACES2, Raiser’s Edge NXT
and Banner is also preferred.
- Limited standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Using or carrying equipment.
- Stoop, bend or lift.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Detail Information
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work
environment that is free from discrimination for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected
veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or
employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly
observed in all University employment-related activities such as
advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment
training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment
benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and
discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin,
individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected
veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with
the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School diploma, G.E.D. or higher?
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or higher
- Bachelor's Degree
- * Do you have one (1) to three (3) years of specialized or
technical training experience in nonprofit, higher education?
- * Do you have experience in legal operations, preferably law
school-related clinical, research or policy operations?
- * Do you have knowledge of or experience working with ACES2,
Raiser’s Edge NXT and Banner?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- High School Diploma or GED
- Other Document
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3