Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic
tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is
strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity.
These values are central to our mission
. We strive
for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and
supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is
committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately
seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University is seeking applications for the position of
Administrative Assistant III in the Williams College of Business
(WCB). This position reports directly to the Dean, Williams College
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as point person for the Dean and the Associate Dean.
Coordinate communications, processes and procedures for all work
done in direct support of the Dean and Associate Dean. Provide
analytical and administrative support to the Dean and Associate
Dean. Draft correspondence on behalf of the Dean and Associate Dean
- Prioritize and schedule calendar appointments, independently
determine importance of requested meetings, coordinate calendar to
accommodate needs, and coordinate complex schedules.
- Manage the operation of the Williams College of Business Dean’s
office. Manage the Dean’s office general communications with the
WCB department offices and major campus administrative offices,
including other campus units and the public.
- Act as the point person for the Williams College of Business
Board of Executive Advisors to distribute meeting agendas and
meeting materials and take minutes for the meetings.
- Schedule travel arrangements when necessary including
conference registration, airfare, hotel and rental car.
- Manage/monitor the Dean’s office budgets, including purchasing,
transfers, disbursements, and related fund activity. Assist in
coordinating capital equipment needs. Reconcile P-card activity and
process summary report. Process award distributions, stipends,
tutorials, internships and approve all supplemental faculty
- Serve as building coordinator, reporting service needs,
ordering signage and keys, and stocking, refilling and reordering
all sanitation supplies for the building, attending monthly
building coordinator meetings and bi-annual safety meetings.
- Serve as a buyer for XavierBuy transactions for the
- Assist Associate Dean with budget reports.
- Maintain confidential faculty and staff personnel files.
Maintain confidential faculty tenure and merit information and
execute other related duties in an effective and efficient
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years in an administrative experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures with intermediate
to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and the University
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment of frequent
interruptions and high degree of confidentiality.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University's website by
June 2, 2022
. Candidates are asked to include their cover
letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to
Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide
proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon on-boarding. Vaccine
exemptions may be granted for medical or religious