ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - FINANCIAL AID
Olive-Harvey College is looking for an Assistant Director of
Financial Aid to assist in managing the college's comprehensive
financial aid programs. The Assistant Director of Financial Aid
plays an integral role in the College Financial Aid Department,
adding leadership support to our financial aid team. You will be
working to lead the department in providing excellent customer
service and support to our large, diverse student population. This
is an exciting opportunity to work directly with the student body
and help Olive-Harvey College achieve our mission to support
- Plans, directs and manages the Office of Financial Aid,
ensuring excellent service is provided to our students, their
families, and the community. Serves as second-in-command of the
department and is in-charge in the Director’s absence.
- Oversees special financial aid programs such as Veteran’s
Affairs, Federal Work Study, college orientations, college tours,
CPS college visits, FAFSA-ON-The-Web workshops, and other
- Establishes and implements financial aid guidelines, policies
and procedures, and develops long-range plans that conform to the
demands of regulatory agencies, the needs of College and its
- Provides training for staff, including Federal and State
guidelines and regulations, customer service, and financial aid
rules and regulations.
- Identifies, investigates, analyzes and resolves student and
parent situations. Interviews student/parent applying for financial
aid with more complex circumstances.
- Evaluates the student's eligibility and executes judgment
concerning financial aid eligibility.
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports to ensure compliance
with federal and state funding sources.
- Generates financial aid reports for staff to use in the
processing of student financial aid awards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or a related
- 1-3 years of senior level experience in the area of student
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations related to
student financial aid
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs, MAPNET, COD,
- Data analysis skills a must!
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
WE OFFER: Excellent benefit package includes health insurance,
investment programs, pension plan, generous vacation, holiday,
personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more
detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of