SEWING INSTRUCTOR - PART TIME
Consider joining Olive-Harvey College Continuing Education
Department as a Part-Time Sewing Instructor. You will have the
opportunity to inspire, motivate, and empower others to succeed.
Olive-Harvey College's Continuing Education Department has an
exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic and patient
instructor to teach Sewing Classes. The Sewing Instructor will
develop and implement appropriate and engaging activities by taking
into consideration the unique abilities of each participant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction and demonstration of basic stitching, use
of basic patterns for bags, cushion covers and clothing items,
means for mending damaged clothing and other alterations, basic
machine use, and basic machine maintenance
- Prepare course material and provide handouts to all
- Communicate information with enthusiasm, clarity, and
- Ensure safe and appropriate use of all equipment.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules
and policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Sewing teacher training or equivalent.
- One-year teaching and/or training experience in appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with
a diverse group of students and staff.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.