Haverford College invites applications to our available full-time,
non-exempt, benefit-eligible Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant is a professional member of the
Administrative Auxiliary Services Office and plays an integral role
in maintaining a high-level of customer service and organization.
This position provides general administrative support to the
following units: Central Services (Mail and Digital Print), Events
and Summer Services, and Systems Administration. The position
responsibilities include answering phones, responding to emails,
greeting visitors, scheduling meetings, maintaining information in
several systems, providing general office support, and working with
a wide variety of students, faculty, staff and external
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Line of Report:
- Provide administrative support to the Administrative Auxiliary
Services Office and staff.
- Serve as first-line liaison, on the phone and via email, to
students, staff, faculty, families, and external contacts and
provide general office support.
- Communicate information about services, processes, and
procedures for the office using established guidelines to students,
staff, faculty, families, and external contacts.
- Assist with data entry into several auxiliary systems (Event
Management System, Housing Director, Workday, Fleet Management
- Inspect and maintain guest housing accommodations, monitor
reservations and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Organize, maintain, and submit hours for student employees via
Workday (HR and Financials System).
- Assist with scheduling of student staff.
- Provide backup support for Mail and Digital Print Center,
including logging packages, processing print jobs, and mail center
- Customer service is a critical component of this position,
including the ability to respond to a wide variety of inquiries and
provide professional and timely responses to the campus community
- Ability to work nights and weekends at certain peak times.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position reports to Director,
Administrative Auxiliary Services.
Education, Training, & Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferred. 1-2 years of experience in an office
Strong computer skills and preferred knowledge of Microsoft Office
and Google Apps.
Strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, and excellent
Possession of a valid U.S. Drivers' license and the ability to pass
a Motor Vehicle Record check is required
Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse clearances is
Covid-19 Vaccination:All faculty and staff (including contract
workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (to include a booster dose when
eligible), and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption
from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required for this
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one
place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Three to six
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Never
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or
change its direction):Up to three hours
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change
its direction):Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving the entire
body):Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms
upward or outward away from the body):Up to three
- Walking (to move the entire body in erect
position):Three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain the body in erect posture in a
stationary position):Three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs
with legs bent at knees):Three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while
fully flexing knees):Up to three hour
- Kneeling (to maintain the upper body in an erect
position while resting knees on the ground):Up to three
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders,
scaffolding, stairs, poles, or inclined
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain
stationary):Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor,
forklift, etc.):Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes,
extreme temperatures):Up to three hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
: Interested applicants are invited to submit an
application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and
contact information of three (3) references as a single Word
document or pdf by visiting
. The application deadline is June 1, 2022. Failure to provide the
required documents may result in a lack of consideration.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the United
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice,
and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals
regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status,
disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender
individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with
other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented
identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College
and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.