Assistant Director of Admissions for Campus Visits and Recruitment
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Office Of Admissions
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Assistant Director of Admissions for Campus Visits and
Recruitment Programs is responsible for coordination of all campus
visit programs and overall supervision of the Islander Welcome
Center. They will also plan and facilitate special recruitment
programs and events designed to recruit and yield prospective
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. The Assistant Director
reports to the Director of Undergraduate Recruitment.
- 35% Plan and Coordinate daily operations of the Welcome Center
front desk; family/group/special tours, oversee purchasing and
inventory functions. Recruit, train, schedule, and oversee
students, staff, and faculty volunteers for various events and
coordinate long and short-term projects. Maintain accurate records
and information related to planning, implementation and evaluation
of visitation initiatives. Develop and maintain the Welcome Center
PowerPoint with current and accurate information regarding
programs, activities, and announcements. Provide quality customer
service in-person, over the phone, and via email to prospective
students and stakeholders by supplying accurate information
regarding A&M-CC's programs of study, financial aid, student
services, as well as getting started at the college. Serve as
advisor and facilitator for the Island Ambassador
- 35% Plan, coordinate, implement, and promote recruitment
outreach events on and off campus. This includes, but is not
limited to Island Day, counselor breakfasts and luncheons, high
ability outreach events, special visitation programs, as well as
necessary yield related events. Incumbent shall work with other
enrollment management and campus constituent groups in order to
facilitate the execution of each event. Coordinate appropriate
communication strategies designed to support campus visits and
planned recruitment events. This shall include the maintenance of
necessary materials inventories to support events.
- 25% Assist with high school and transfer recruitment
programs/visits designed to recruit prospective students to Texas
A&M University-Corpus Christi. Make presentations to diverse
groups. Work with high school and college counselors on matters
related to the application process. Serve as a liaison to develop
partnerships between the university and local school systems
throughout the area. Recruit high school students during the Texas
Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
(TACRAO) recruiting season and other programs and activities
assigned by the office.
- 5% Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of
Recruitment and Admissions, Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
or their designee.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six (6) years of related experience.
- Additional education may be used as a substitution for the
minimum experience requirements.
- Broad knowledge of admissions and recruitment
- Experience planning recruitment events.
- Experience training staff members is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours and weekends as
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of higher education processes, supervisory and
personnel practices, communication techniques, and software
- General knowledge of record keeping, data processing, and
- $4,180 - $4,391 monthly ( $50,162 - $52,700 annual),
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Director-for-Campus-Visits-and-Recruitment-Programs_R-050249