Administrative Secretary, Retention and Transition
Starting salary range of $37,211 - $41,867 is based
on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on
scale is commensurate with education and related work
Retention & Transition Services
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will assist in all aspects of the Retention and
Transition Services department. This departmental support includes
the direct support of the Associate Vice President of Retention and
Transition Services & Chief Equity Officer in addition to the
following programs: Weekend College, Puente Mentoring Program,
Title V (2016) Grant, Learning Support Services, Career and
Transfer Services, HSI STEM (2016) Grant and a portion of the
Perkins Grant. This position will engage with various internal and
external stakeholders, plan and execute events, and assist
coordinators and directors with purchases and travel.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are
not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with the AVP of Student Affairs
- Assist and greet students/guests/colleagues upon entering and
calling the Diversity Equity and Inclusion office suite.
- Assist with AVP of Retention and Transition Services &
Chief Equity Officer's calendar handling RSVPs to meetings, meeting
agendas, making copies, preparing/creating/updating spreadsheets,
taking minutes, and ordering food when necessary.
- Provide support to departmental staff.
- Budgeting and expenses: Submit and approve purchase
requisitions, and track billing and payment. Maintenance and
monitoring are required through requests, reconciliation
processing, and protecting budgeting.
- Order supplies and equipment for the department.
- Assist with departmental event planning from meetings to
special events, including the development and tracking of the guest
list, reservation of room, determine schematic for set-up,
arranging for special items (music/media, decor, photographer, and
caterer), set-up/clean up as needed, and assist with selection of
- Assist with Maxient cases and maintain confidentiality
- Gather, organize, and track the time and efforts of grant staff
and other monthly needed signature items.
- Process account statements and credit card expenses for the
Retention and Transition Services department.
- Assist with travel plans as needed.
- Submit work orders as needed for maintenance, office moves, and
other related items.
- Compose and type internal and external correspondence.
- Supervise student assistants.
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position.
This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of
sixty (60) college credit hours OR equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Two (2) years of related work experience supporting
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to details, and able to
master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well
as the ability to master additional software programs as
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to converse easily with
the public, friendly and personable
- Must be dependable and professional
- Commitment to community college students and mission
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft
- Experience working in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bilingual: Able to read, write, and speak both English and
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts
for any college coursework that has been completed
(Official transcripts will be required if hired.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7292
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.