The Department of Human Resources encourages applications for the
Time & Labor Project Manager! This position will provide
project management for the entirety of the project for Boulder
implementation of PeopleSoft Time & Labor. This role will
manage the Boulder campus' scope, resources, time, cost, risk,
quality, and communications using the processes, tools and
templates that are most relevant to each project. This position
will be assigned entirely to the PeopleSoft Time & Labor
project to replace the current timekeeping solution for University
of Colorado System, Boulder campus implementation.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Human Resources (HR) contributes leadership, guidance, tools and
services to support employees throughout their careers at CU
Boulder and to cultivate a culture which upholds the campus’
strongly held values. HR partners with campus in the achievement of
the campus vision and strategic imperatives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Perform overall project management of Boulder Campus'
implementation of PeopleSoft Time & Labor. In coordination with
other project managers, develop detailed project schedule,
timeline, resource requirements, and landmarks relevant to Boulder
campus. Coordinate efforts of project members to stay on schedule
and accomplish defined objectives. In coordination with other
project managers, produce detailed reporting to document Boulder
campus' milestones, activities to complete, and status of defined
objectives. Produce regular status reports that describe risks,
issues, and concerns and recommendations for actions to remain on
schedule. Anticipate issues and proactively communicate to campus
project team members. Facilitate communication with project
sponsors, steering committee, partners, team members, constituents,
service and support personnel, and management by carrying out
communication and organizational change plans. Serve as a member of
campus project team.
- Set or revise initial project timeline based on the best
information currently available (team task estimates,
prioritization, scope, resource availability, etc.) and then
effectively manage the schedules through the length of the
- Whenever uncontrollable events impact existing schedules, have
realistic preplanned dates as quickly as possible. Maintain current
project projected release/deployment/implementation dates based on
progress to date and best available resource and task
- Ensure that project requirements are agreed-upon and documented
and that any changes go through appropriate change management
process before requirements are added or dropped. Involve the
service, support, and operations teams in projects as soon as
possible to help ensure that project transitions are as smooth as
Issue and Risk Management
- Understand and follow the expectations set forth for PeopleSoft
Time & Labor.
- Deliver timely and accurate project status to project sponsors
and project partners. Update project status weekly in relevant
systems and databases.
- Ensure that any project with a Yellow or Red health status is
appropriately flagged in status communication along with any
necessary escalations or mitigations.
- Actively identify, track, and manage project risks. Ensure that
project issues and roadblocks are clearly identified, managed, and
promptly raised to Boulder campus project team and project
What You Should Know
- Assist in identifying process and team improvements, with
primary emphasis on project management.
- This position has the ability to work fully remote.
- This role is expected to last the life cycle of the project
including a warranty beyond implementation. The project is
scheduled to launch in Fall of 2023 and is estimated to last until
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- Salary range is $70,000 - $80,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be game-changing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a relevant
- A combination of education and relevant experience as described
below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year
- 3+ years of project management experience that can include any
of the following:
- Managing IT Projects through their entire life cycle, including
successful completion and closeout.
- Part of dynamic and complex project teams with multiple project
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and expertise in the application of project
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Ability to manage scope, time and resources using standard
commercially available tools.
- Experience completing work and leading change in an inclusive,
- Experience managing information technology projects that
produce enterprise class products and services.
- Knowledge of web usability and accessibility standards and best
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 1, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: