Butler University is seeking a highly motivated professional
responsible for the overall coordination, implementation,
execution, direction, and completion of specific administrative
projects within the University Advancement division. This position
provides support to one of the Executive Directors of Development
and additional members of the development team but will also
collaborate with and support other Advancement departments as
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the University Advancement to create and
execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet
changing needs and requirements.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the Development
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment, maintaining
responsiveness, professionalism and customer service at all
- Collaborate with Executive Director in addition to all members
of Advancement by effectively applying Butler University practices
and enforce Butler brand management standards, project standards
- Assist the Executive Director and other frontline staff in
planning, scheduling and confirming of meetings.
- Prepare meeting materials for team members in advance of
- Assist with onboarding process for new staff members by
arranging introductory meetings with other areas of the university,
reviewing and assisting with the new employee checklist, and
ensuring all office resources are provided.
- Assist in managing and coordinating the Executive Director and
team member’s calendars, schedules and travel.
- Review budget on at least a monthly basis to reconcile and make
sure allocations within are on track.
- Coordinate the handling and/or processing of office
administration and business documents, expense and Visa reports,
and journal vouchers.
- Review processes within the department to determine whether
improvements or efficiencies can be made.
- Assist with planning and implementation of projects; track and
report on progress.
- Ensure project documents are complete, accurate and
- Create internal/external correspondence.
- Process communication/information of a complex and confidential
- Anticipate and prepare content materials needed by team members
for meetings and donor visits.
- Take minutes/notes at meetings as deemed appropriate by the
Executive Director; distribute to all appropriate staff.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and
equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications
from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender
identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management
- Ability to collaborate in a team-based environment where
critical thinking and problem solving skills are vital.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a
fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills; Outlook, Excel, Word,
Access and PowerPoint are required.
- Desire to work in higher education fundraising is
May 18, 2022