To provide administrative support services to the Director of
Residence Life for functions related to Residence Life including
room housing assignments, billing, and housing software database
administration, in addition to other tasks and programs of the
Office of Residence Life and Division of Student Affairs. This
position requires initiative, professionalism, and high levels of
integrity and confidentiality. This person is responsible for
handling sensitive material as it relates to students. It requires
an employee who can make independent decisions when necessary and
work without close supervision.
- Efficient and sensitive handling of all office tasks as they
relate to Residence Life and the responsibilities of the Director
of Residence Life and backup support as necessary for the Dean of
- Serve as a database administrator for the housing assignment
and residence life management platform
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison for all constituents
regarding housing assignments, billing, and residence hall
- Process student housing contracts, assign students, assess
charges for student room and meal plan
- Assist with tasks related to residence hall staff selection,
training, supervision, and evaluation
- Assist with documentation of residence life applications, room
assignments, board plan, and coordination of appropriate
- Coordinate activities, meetings, and processes related to
dismissal or withdrawal from the residence hall
- Participate in orientation programs and move in days as
- Coordinate housing needs for overnight visits for prospective
- Provide administrative support to residence hall programming
- Provide administrative and budget support for The Office of
Residence Life, including creating purchase orders, reconciling
- Work closely with the Department of Buildings & Grounds on
mechanical and custodial issues related to the residence hall
- Work closely with Campus Police on issues related to the
- Participate in meetings, record and maintain minutes, and
schedule appropriate discussion action and follow-up.
- Refine and maintain processes and forms useful to Residence
Life. Assist the Director of Residence Life in the compilation of
data and preparation of annual and other reports.
- Assemble materials for distribution at the beginning of each
semester and throughout the year, as needed.
- Assist with preparing and drafting residence life policy
changes to submit as revisions for Employee & Student Handbooks
and catalog as appropriate.
- Routine office functions word processing, ordering and
maintaining office supplies, sort and open mail, purchase orders
through the Web, and copier maintenance.
- Author/Edit correspondence to various college constituencies,
as well as those outside the college community, including sending
out all communications that relate to housing
- Continually update and maintain the procedure handbook for the
Office of Residence Life.
- Keep filing up-to-date and archiving necessary documents.
Assist in managing the Residence Life email address and
communication of information regarding residence life.
- Share administrative support and backup as appropriate for
other departments within Student Affairs and related areas.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work
requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services
of the department; helping others accomplish related job results
Dean of Students, Assistant Dean of Students; Residence Hall staff;
students and parents, Admission, other Division professional and
administrative support staff; Buildings & Grounds, Campus
Police, and other members of the University community.
Student staff for coordination of correspondence, packets, or other
Works toward a previously defined objective with some supervision
and uses a wide range of procedures to accomplish goals, and plans,
and arranges own work referring unusual problems to the Director of
High school diploma required; minimum of Bachelors degree
Experience in an office setting, prefer experience working in a
university housing office and working with housing assignments at
the collegiate level.
Prefer experience working with a housing assignment and management
platform (eRezlife, RMS, StarRez, Adirondack, ETC,) A demonstrated
ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exhibit a "student/customer first" and faculty/staff customer
first orientation in providing exceptional service in all
responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in
handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and student-parent-faculty-staff customer needs
and expectations; anticipate and identify
student-parent-faculty-staff customer needs
- Collaborate well with others and help make the Student Affairs
Division a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to
achieve common office, division or College goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate
within the Student Affairs Division and other areas of the college
as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful
rapport and working relationship with students, parents, faculty,
and staff co-workers, and various campus and community
constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a
sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email
and internet) communication skills and strengths in public
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Ensure accuracy of the information that is provided to
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming
initiative for creative problem solving
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its
implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in
Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet,
CARS, copier, eRezLife Housing Platform
- Standing or sitting in one position for long periods. Multiple
service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with
constant service interruptions; faculty and student contact; strict
confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact
information with three professional references on our
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer