DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All employees of DePauw University must be vaccinated against
COVID-19 or request a religious, medical, or philosophical
This position will remain open until filled.
Please go to
University Profile for more information about DePauw.
The Events Coordinator, Admission Officer is responsible for all
aspects of planning, organizing, and executing successful in-person
and virtual events for prospective students and families. The
Events Coordinator will work as part of the visit experience team,
and will be expected to assist in individual visits when needed.
This role will support recruitment goals by conducting admission
interviews, representing DePauw at virtual recruitment events,
evaluating candidates for admission, and contributing to the goal
of increasing the number of visitors to campus.
This role will serve as an admission officer and will exemplify
DePauw's efforts to continually enroll a broadly diverse, bright,
and talented class of students. The Events Coordinator will
contribute to DePauw's "uncommon commitment to the liberal arts''
and the university mission of "preparing the leaders that the world
needs" by being a key contributor in achieving DePauw's enrollment
goals and enrolling students who are best suited to the
transformational educational experience at DePauw.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Support prospective and incoming students and their families in
their college search and application process.
- Execute all functions related to in person and virtual events
planning, scheduling and hosting.
- Develop a calendar of in person and virtual events to augment
the work of territory managers and achieve target goals of student
- Correspond with families pre- and post-visit.
- Represent DePauw at virtual recruitment events and college
- Assist Visit Coordinator with on-campus visit preparation.
- Interview prospective students to enhance their level of
interest in the University and to evaluate their academic readiness
for the rigors of a DePauw education.
- Participate in workshops, retreats, seminars, and presentations
in order to enhance professional growth and development.
- Produce reports on key indicators, to be agreed upon with the
Director of the Visit Experience, in order to communicate event
effectiveness in the context of future goals and past
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director
of the Visit Experience which supports recruitment efforts and
general enrollment goals.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for decisions and actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and
understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills - The ability of the individual to gather raw
data and to process that data into a meaningful form.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and
feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new
concept or idea.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of
different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from
campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences
related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity,
religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, and/or job
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of
personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build
relationships with faculty, prospective students, current students,
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work
toward a goal.
Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or
Demonstrated experience planning events or
long-term project planning required.
Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to
write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Familiarity and facility with database management, statistical
programs, and web-based applications.
Certificates & Licenses
- Must be committed to and be able to articulate the value of a
residential, liberal arts education.
- Must be a team player, possess strong oral and written
communication skills as well as creativity and innovation.
- Have a strong record of successful events and long-term
- Must be able to manage multiple projects while keeping team
members informed regarding progress.
- Must have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and
assessing priorities, asking for guidance when needed.
- Must be a self-starter and enthusiastic about outreach to
students while building relationships.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration with faculty and campus
- Must be able to work flexible hours on evenings and weekends