Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assists the Associate Vice President with production,
development, and maintenance of Public Safety and Security standard
operating procedures and departmental policies working in
conjunction with College legal counsel, unions, and the human
- Assists the Associate Vice President with accessible and
articulable Emergency Management Planning that includes direct
messaging to the College Community, meeting with first responder
agencies to evaluate best practices, and management of
drills/engagement with students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborates with the Associate Vice President and the
Assistant Director in researching, evaluating, and recommending for
purchase premium equipment and software platforms that best fit the
Bergen Community College Public Safety and Security
- Collaborates with the Facilities Department and the Information
Technology Department relative to Access Control of Bergen
Community College Campuses, the Video Surveillance System, Radio
Transmissions and Communications, and Identification Procedures for
students, faculty, staff, vendors, and visitors.
- Assists the Associate Vice President with Compliance toward
Accreditation Standards, the Cleary Report, the Annual Budget, the
Annual Security Report, and mandatory campus surveys (SCLEA and
- Works collaboratively with Assistant Director and Associate
Vice President of Public Safety and Security as it relates to
hiring, incentivizing, promoting, disciplining, and terminating
- Collaborates with the Bergen Community College Title IX
Coordinator, the Behavioral Intervention Team, and provides
up-to-date best practices for Public Safety Officers regarding best
practices handling of mental health crisis’.
- Manages the Department’s ADP (Automatic Data Processing) System
which includes the Time and Attendance process around: Scheduling,
Timesheets, Overtime, and Absenteeism.
- Assist the Associate Vice President with oversight and input
toward State and Federal Grants that are relevant to the Public
- Assists the administration with personnel background
investigations and periodic employee checks as necessary.
- The Associate Director supervises all Administrative personnel,
however, will also supervise Public Safety Officers and Sergeants
specifically as it relates to the Automatic Data Processing (#8
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by Associate
Vice President of Public Safety and Security or other designated
- Subject to senior management review and final board
of the community college mission and practices an open-door policy.
Has basic proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
Exhibits strong skills in:
- Communication · Customer and Student Focus
- Building Relationships · Organizing · Strategic Planning
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related
Minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience
working in Public Safety or Law Enforcement
Must have valid New Jersey driver’s license. Bergen
Community College is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. All
interested candidates should send their resume via email (including
the job code BCC-ADPSO
in the subject line) and three
professional letters of reference with current contact
Bergen Community College
Bergen Community College Foundation Office
400 Paramus Road, Room A325
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace