Under the direction of the Director of the Office of Research
Policies, Compliance and Committees, coordinates activities
directly related to research compliance, the Committee for the
Protection of Human Subjects (CPHS), and internally funded research
- Serves as a regulatory expert in one or more Responsible
Conduct of Research (RCR) areas, including but not limited to:
research involving human subjects, animal care and use, conflict of
interest, research integrity and/or grant congruency.
- Follows defined processes to ensure institutional and
investigator compliance in one or more of these areas, including
the coordination of review committee function and/or the conduct of
pre- or post-approval monitoring of research.
- Develops and implements guidelines and application processes
for the university research community, develops and delivers
detailed training materials.
- Makes administrative regulatory determinations, and evaluates
investigator response to committee contingencies.
- Serves as a resource for oversight committee members and other
Division of Research offices.
- Reviews grant, contract, and internal award materials for
congruency and/or compliance.
- Assists applicants in coordinating committee review processes
related to funded research.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- This position will directly and fully coordinate the daily
operation of one of three UH Institutional Review Boards.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience
in central institutional coordination of human subjects research
(i.e. committee administration) and a working knowledge of federal
regulatory requirements (including but not limited to the Common
Rule, HIPAA, FERPA, FDA).
- High-level written and oral communication skills are essential,
as are strong organizational abilities and a customer service
- The candidate must be able to work proficiently within an
online protocol submission system on a day-to-day basis and run
reports and metrics as needed to maintain quality standards.
- This position may also be assigned to conduct compliance
investigations and/or perform post-approval monitoring of human
subjects research and provide educational presentations to the
research community. Certified IRB Professional (CIP) certification
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related