Academic Data Manager
Dean of the Faculty Office
Duration of Position:
Full year / Full time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members
of historically underrepresented groups are especially
encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free
campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy
requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all
employees except for those exempt for medical or religious
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Academic Administration, the
Academic Data Manager is responsible for aiding in the use of
digital information technology, leveraging existing systems
including various enterprise services, to report accurate and
accessible data related to the academic areas for the College. This
position supports the offices of the Registrar and Dean of the
Faculty, coordinates closely with Vassar's Computing and
Information Services unit (“CIS”), and assists with all aspects of
the design, development, support, testing, implementation, and
documentation of key technology initiatives within the Registrar
and Dean of the Faculty organizations.
Reporting and Analytics
- Develop dashboards to provide academic departments with
visibility into relevant data.
- Fulfill requests for data from multiple constituencies across
campus by creating and modifying standing and ad hoc
academic-related data reports.
- Perform data analysis and validation to ensure data
- Maintain deep understanding of system operations in the
Registrar and Dean of the Faculty offices and how they can continue
to be used to improve processes, reporting, and inform
- Facilitate/support creating, improving, and leveraging business
processes to help ensure effective use of student and faculty
systems, accuracy, and security of data.
- Participate actively in Workday and other Enterprise System
Communities, to keep up-to-date with current and new features, and
the technology solutions they can provide.
Training and Support
- Provide training and support to users of applications specific
to the functions of Registrar and Dean of Faculty Offices.
- Provide functional and technical expertise relating to all
departmental applications including project management, and
coordinating needs assessment for new systems, system upgrades, and
system enhancements. Create process documentation, and reference
- Liaise with Computing and Information Services and system leads
to test, maintain, and support office operations, new initiatives,
and database management related to Vassar's systems used to manage
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably Computer Science,
Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data management or
analysis, preferably working in a higher education setting, and
experience with student or human resource systems.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills; able to
translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience in
collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant
amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy with
the ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data with integrity and the
utmost discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently as well as with a
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced skills using
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2492.