Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of
a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an
assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an
academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
The Montgomery College is currently accepting applications for
possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching
mathematics, statistics and data science . on all three campuses,
Germantown, Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring. We are seeking
an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of
professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and
demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a
continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery
College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour)
per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- D uring summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may
teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both
- Teach assigned courses in the Mathematics, Statistics, and/or
Data Science discipline. Courses may include introductory
mathematics, Statistics, and/or Data Science courses or other
courses as needed.
- Planning and preparing (development of instructional material,
preparation of course syllabi, writing assignments, exams, etc.),
presentation, and coordination of classroom instruction and related
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include daytime,
evening, weekend and/or accelerated sections. Opportunities may
exist to teach summer session classes.
- Follow guidelines from department course coordinators to ensure
consistent content coverage and student experience across multiple
sections of a course.
- Administer, grade and provide feedback in a timely manner to
monitor student mastery and progress through a course.
- Meet college-established deadlines to submit student mid-term
and final course grades.
- Provide academic support for students as an embedded coach
through the Achieving the Promise Academy (ATPA)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education,
Statistics, Data Science or a related major with relevant courses.
A minimum of 12 credits of graduate level mathematics courses is
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Ph. D. in Mathematics, Mathematics Education,
Statistics, Data Science, or closely related field.
- Prior college level teaching experience in Mathematics,
Statistics, or Data Science courses.
- One semester of college teaching experience.
- Click Here to apply online .
- Include dates of employment in your application or
- Submit a cover letter along with an unofficial copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Sunday, July 31, 2022