Call Center Representative (Remote)
District Office Employee
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Call Center Manager, the Call Center
Representative provides excellent customer service through the City
Colleges of Chicago Call Center and delivers quality information
and advising to students and the general public who inquire about
City Colleges of Chicago’s academic programs and other
This role will be eligible to work from home after your first 30
days of employment at CCC, while ensuring to maintain the City
- Responsible for answering incoming calls received through the
call center and assisting callers with questions related to any of
the seven City Colleges.
- Responds to requests for information via telephone, live chat
and by email.
- Maintains a log of phone and email activities regarding
inquiries from marketing leads.
- Responsible for providing any assistance via telephone, live
chat and email to students that may need to navigate through the
City Colleges administrative requirements.
- Coaches students via telephone, live chat and email on
educational planning by advising them on curriculum choices, credit
policy, transferability of credits and financial assistance
- Maintains ongoing relationships with campus staff and
administration to remain current with all marketing and academic
components and special events.
- Coordinates problem resolution with appropriate departments.
Refers Financial Aid and Information Technology troubleshooting
questions to appropriate departments.
- Conducts call campaigns to assist with recruitment, retention
and completion efforts.
- Guide prospects via telephone, live chat and email to complete
application process, academic program selection and additional
- Prepares prospective students via telephone, live chat and
email for college visits.
- Navigates PeopleSoft portal and Grades First to provide
students with pertinent information.
- Responsible for attaining and updating accurate information
from all seven City Colleges.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence Standards.
- Performs related remote duties as assigned.
We offer: excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!
- Associates Degree or equivalent education and three years of
experience in customer service. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Employees working remote responsible for providing a stable
internet environment with a connection speed of at least 300
megabytes per second (Mbps).
- All equipment provided by CCC to an employee must be connected
to broadband internet through Ethernet connection.
- Working knowledge of City Colleges of Chicago’s marketing
function and operations is preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some
- Proficient in basic computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and
administrative skills required.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work well with internal and external
constituents and possess the ability to handle all situations with
tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.