Compliance Officer & Director of Risk Management
District Office at 180 N. Wabash
Reporting to the General Counsel, theCompliance Officer &
Director of Risk Management
is responsible for identifying and
minimizing exposures that could result in liability to City
Colleges of Chicago.
- Ensures the District’s compliance with local, state, and
federal laws and regulations by keeping abreast of applicable
current, new and modified legislation.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and
risk; directs the development and implementation of corrective
action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and provides
general guidance on how to avoid or mitigate similar situations in
- Establishes and provides direction and management of a
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication
program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the
compliance hotline; (b) heightened awareness of codes of conduct,
and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and
related policies and procedures.
- Manages insurance renewals and related processes for the
- Manages workers compensation matters for the District.
- Manages and updates procedures and systems for the monitoring
and recording of all property and casualty insurance, workers
compensation, general liability and student athlete injuries.
- Coordinates and manages the evaluation, disposition, and
processing of all claims, loss containment, and risk
- Prepares various reports and maintains all required records
related to risk management.
- Monitors reserves on all District claims and administers,
updates, and maintains the case reserves.
- Conducts periodic audits and evaluations with regard to claim
- Identifies and ensures delivery of safety programs and/or
training for employees.
- Compiles regular written reports and planning documents on risk
management as directed by the General Counsel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or
- Minimum of five years of experience in compliance or risk
management or related field.
- Law degree is a plus; experience practicing law in compliance
or risk management or related field is a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse workload with minimal
- Excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills,
the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the administration of property and casualty
insurance programs, worker’s compensation, loss prevention and
safety programs preferred.
- Knowledge and training in risk management functions including
personal injury, worker’s compensation, property damage and other
loss containment functions preferred.
We offer: excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!