THE POSITION: DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
The Director of Admissions reports to the Assistant Head of
School, Head of Enrollment and Athletics and is responsible for
overseeing all aspects of admissions, recruitment, and financial
aid in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, and will
direct the admissions process from inquiry through
enrollment. The Director will lead a collaborative effort to
develop and implement both short-term and long-term recruitment
strategies to ensure Austin Preparatory School meets enrollment
objectives and remains proactive while ensuring the School remains
competitive amongst developing industry trends and
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Support the School and its leadership in advancing the mission
of Austin Prep and safeguarding the School’s Roman Catholic
identity and Augustinian heritage.
- Developing and leading a professional and volunteer staff to
carry out the activities of the Admissions Office.
- Enthusiastically embrace Austin Prep’s mission, culture, and
community while serving as a compelling ambassador when
presenting the School to prospective students and their
- Inspire the Austin Prep community to actively participate in
admissions events including; individual and group tours, student
shadow visits, curricular information sessions, student
observations/testing/interview, parent to parent connections, and
individual family conversations.
- Create and maintain a successful admissions budget.
- Oversee and participate in the development of admissions
materials, events and marketing practices in collaboration with the
Director of Communications.
- Oversee the selection process of new students including the
work of admissions and financial aid.
- Support the financial aid process in collaboration with the
Chief Financial Officer by participating in policy decisions,
messaging/communications, award review meetings, and efforts with
- Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions
decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area
educational constituencies including area schools, preschools,
consultants, admissions directors and organizations and create
- Abiding by a “no-surprise” policy, alerting the Head of School
to any issues that would conflict with the school’s mission or
detract from serving the best interests of the community.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Austin Prep seeks a Director of Admissions who is an experienced
admissions professional possessing strong management and leadership
skills with the natural ability to inspire, and partner well with
others in support of achieving enrollment goals.
The ideal candidate will offer the following qualifications:
- Fluency with financial and demographic analysis and statistics,
and have experience in managing a financial aid process.
- Possess a demonstrated creativity and vision in assessing
future trends and opportunities.
- 7 – 10 years admissions leadership experience working in
independent schools, preferably including a Catholic
- A demonstrated ability to hire well and mentor
- A track record of teambuilding and demonstrated success
creating a culture of collaboration and collegiality, coupled with
an openness to being coached.
- A genuine commitment to the mission and values of Austin
The ideal candidate will be:
- Equip with excellent communication skills, authentic people
skills, and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrate a commitment to expanding and championing
diversity, equity, and inclusion in a school community.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and an effective
- A strategically minded, entrepreneurial, and proactive leader,
eager to identify and tackle new challenges.
- An enthusiastic, positive spirit with an engaging personality
and a desire to be involved in the school community.
- A quick learner and a good listener.
- An authentic, trustworthy professional who will respect and
promote the highest ethical and professional standards on campus
and in the community.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND SEARCH PROCESS
- A cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested
in and qualified for the position, a current résumé, and the names,
addresses, and telephone numbers of three references. (References
should be submitted as a separate document, not as part of the
résumé or cover letter. We will obtain permission from
candidates before contacting references.) – all sent to