Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) is seeking
qualified applicants for the position of President. The President
is the chief executive officer of the College and is responsible
directly to the Board of Trustees and exercises direct supervision
over the Executive Council members and indirectly supervises all
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate innovative and creative leadership while guiding
all College personnel and operations.
- Guide the strategic vision to sustain student success and the
College’s drive toward excellence.
- Motivate and support the faculty and staff in their efforts to
provide high quality and accessible programs and services to
- Exemplify administrative integrity, set high standards for
himself/herself, accept full responsibility and accountability, and
demonstrate ethical, fair, honest leadership; and exemplary
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with
an ability to instill in others a passion for the mission and a
commitment to the core values, traditions, and past successes of
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and an appreciation of diversity,
equity and inclusiveness and promote cultural diversity with a
record of building consensus and reaching out to various and
- Understand and maintain proper relationships between the Board
of Trustees and the President.
- Provide oversight of financial resource management and direct
equitable and effective allocation of resources.
- Expand the resource base of the College by obtaining additional
funding through the Foundation, grants; and other alternative
- Expand the use of technology and other innovative tools in
support of institutional success.
- Make decisions and collaborate with faculty, staff, and other
stakeholders when appropriate.
- Visible leader who is approachable and accessible to
constituents internal and external to the College.
- Work effectively with students, faculty, staff; and
- Maintain balanced support for quality programs and services
across the College in all programs and all areas.
- Provide direction and oversight for the College’s
intercollegiate athletics program and exercise ultimate
responsibility for appropriate administrative and financial control
of the program.
- Champion the College’s role in economic development and
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for the College locally,
statewide, nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with business
leaders, county and city leaders, and legislative representatives
to affect positive growth and expansion
- Demonstrated political astuteness with proven advocacy skills
and a solid understanding of local, state and national legislative
- Build partnerships with business/industry, educational
entities, military officials, and other community groups or