Division of Workforce Partnerships
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public
comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide
affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout
the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school
graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the
knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and
personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse
campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent
faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state
and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate,
support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve
their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to
work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch
videos of our employees doing what they do best:
The Division of Workforce Partnerships works in close collaboration
with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s
offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs. The
division provides Workforce, Adult Education, and Transportation
Education programs as well as Career Service and Employer Solutions
offerings in service to the Rhode Island community and
The Electrical Instructor will create a safe academic environment
that encourages student engagement, while effectively delivering
the program curriculum. As such, the instructor is expected to
plan, organize, and teach in a manner that produces student
competency in the discipline area.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Track, document, and ensure students have the 144 required hours
at the completion of the program year
• Ensure that state and national apprenticeship standards are being
• Along with Lead Instructor sign off on student attendance and
hours at the end of each school week
• Adhere to CCRI policies and legal regulations
• Communicate expectations, assignments and responsibilities
clearly and professionally to students
• Develop a syllabus that clearly outlines the course requirements,
goals, and objectives of the course. Submits a digital copy of
syllabus to the DPD or designee.
• Prepares class sessions and assignments to help students grasp
course content and how it integrates with overall student learning
outcomes for the course
• Teaches course according to the National Center for Construction
Education and Research ( NCCER ) standards and in accordance with
defined course standards and outcomes
• Creates a learning environment that encourages student
involvement and participation
• Documents students’ attendance, participation, and academic
• Submits course grades to DWP or designee by assigned date
• Must be able to use technology in classroom instruction
• Is accessible to students should matters of academic success
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must have 10 years in-trade experience
• Master Electrician with 5 years in-trade preferred
Director of Workforce Development Program Delivery or
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
Monday - Thursday, up to 19 hours per week
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
• Must have access to and use of own transportation.
• Must have access to and use of personal computer with internet
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
1 - 3
Application Open Date
Application Close Date (includes the grace period)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue
until all positions are filled.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and
attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of
three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please
contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY : 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to
creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and
work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the
College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and
retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran.
Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred
to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at:
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual
report is available here: https://ccri.edu/campuspolice/pdfs/ ASR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have 10 years of in-trade experience? OR Are you a
Master Electrician with at least 5 years of in-trade experience?
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application