Adjunct Faculty – Communication
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 18, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Media Studies, Other Communications, Public Relations & Advertising, Speech & Rhetoric
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjunct Faculty – Communication
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
To teach communication courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
To teach courses, such as Communication Fundamentals, Mass Media Foundations, Social Media, Multimedia Reporting, Interpersonal, and Public Speaking.
• MA or PhD in Communication.
• Three years teaching communication courses at the college-level required, community college preferred.
• Excellent record of college-level teaching appropriate to rank and experience.
• Ability to use technology to enhance instruction, to submit grades, and to use email effectively.
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
• Ability to contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment requiring adaptability, creativity, and teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to employ best online teaching practices within a Learning Management System, such as Blackboard.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth within subject field or discipline.
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
Day and/or evening classes; various days of the week
$85 per contact hour of teaching
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
Desired Start Date
2021, Fall Semester
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Application Open Date
Application Close Date (includes the grace period)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until all positions are filled.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY : 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: TitleIXCoordinator@ccri.edu.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a MA degree (or higher) in Communication?
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert