Workforce Recruitment/Placement Coordinator
The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public
comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide
affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout
the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school
graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the
knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and
personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse
campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent
faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state
and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate,
support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve
their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to
work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch
videos of our employees doing what they do best:
The Division of Workforce Partnerships is looking for a Workforce
Recruitment and Placement Coordinator to assist in program
recruitment prior to the start of classes and job placement efforts
after program completion.
The coordinator will assist in employer engagement that will help
strengthen and deepen employer relationships to ensure successful
outcomes of assigned workforce programming.
The coordinator will work side-by-side with career services and
partnership developers to ensure that programs are properly filled
and students are receiving a high-quality career seeking assistance
that will help jump-start the student’s career within the area of
study they graduate from.
This role is in response to employer demand and can include day,
evening and/or weekend hours. The coordinator will be flexible and
nimble to assist with employer projects, and the schedule may vary
slightly week-to-week to accommodate employer and college
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, interview and select candidates to participate in
- Maintain candidate relationships throughout the student
acceptance process and ensure all proper paperwork is
- Document the status of each student lead and track
communication with candidate.
- Fill trainings with cohorts of students at the direction of
Directors of Workforce Partnerships.
- Meet and Exceed goals set for recruitment and placement
- Visit program classroom periodically to ensure students are
- Identify student needs during the program and provide resources
to ensure positive student outcomes.
- Assist with employer engagement to gauge employer need and
create job leads for graduating students.
- Maintain a list of open positions relevant to program training
and facilitate the placement of students before and after program
- Assist in finding program-related job leads for participant
- Connect job seeking students with employment opportunities that
relate to their completed program.
- Complete and maintain documentation that is required to show
proof of employment to program funders.
- Engage CCRI Career Services staff to assist with candidate
resume drafts, interview preparation and job placement as
- Assist with other staffing projects as assigned to enhance
CCRIs ability to offer high-quality training programs.
- Attend recruiting/hiring events as assigned to promote program
and to create more program exposure to potential students
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Highly proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft
Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Strong commitment to CCRI’s students and mission.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal
- Work collaboratively with students and colleagues.
- Associates Degree or above.
- Experience working with a diverse student population in a
professional, work-study or graduate assistant capacity.
- Experience with recruitment and/or placement of
- 2+ years’ experience working in an institute of higher
- Experience utilizing online survey software.
- Knowledge of labor-market data and how to find available job
Director of Industry Partnerships
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
To be determined
To be determined
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Application Open Date
Application Close Date (includes the grace period)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue
until all positions are filled.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and
attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of
three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please
contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY : 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to
creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and
work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the
College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and
retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran.
Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred
to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at:
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual
report is available here:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a high school diploma or equivalency?
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application