The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public
comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide
affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout
the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school
graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the
knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and
personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse
campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent
faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state
and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate,
support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve
their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to
work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch
videos of our employees doing what they do best:
*Note: Please attach a resume and a cover letter to your
application. In your cover letter, please discuss the topics you
would like to teach from the list above, in addition to any
additional topics/subjects that you feel may be relevant to current
or future offerings.*
The Division of Workforce Partnerships is looking for instructors
to teach non-credit courses part-time across industries throughout
Rhode Island and online year round. Courses are taught using
competency based learning outcomes and vary in length, ranging from
four hour workshops to semester long training programs.
The instructor plans and implements class curriculum and
educational programs for the Division of Workforce
The instructor communicates class content utilizing a variety of
teaching methods so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and
students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational and
Trainings are scheduled in response to employer partner demand and
can include day, evening and/or weekend hours. The Division is
looking to build a bank of instructors to meet the varied needs of
Rhode Island employers.
Current training topics include, but are not limited to the
• Core Skills/Soft Skills/Essential Skills
• Customer Service
• Data Analytics
• Office Technology (hardware and software)
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Project Management / Waterfall / Agile
• Leadership Development
• Diversity and Cultural Competency
• Cyber Security
• Workplace Spanish Public Speaking
• Professional Math Skills
• Business Writing
• Business Communications
• Service Breakdowns and Recovery
• Conflict Management
• Change Management
• Workplace Team Synergy If you have interest in teaching and have
experience in other areas, please apply and note your
qualifications and teaching interest areas in your cover
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage in high-quality instruction in a diverse, inclusive,
corporate and/or industry-specific environment.
• Prepare effective lesson plans and provide supplemental material
to achieve course objectives and address student needs
. • Integrate technology and active learning strategies to enhance
• Use technology to enhance instruction, communicate effectively
with students and colleagues and complete program record keeping
and reporting requirements.
• Work creatively in all classes taught to discourage student
withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
• Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ) and adhere
to CCRI’s policies and procedures for responding to student
requests for accommodations
. • Keep detailed and organized records of students’ attendance,
assessments, and progress, including a final evaluation.
• Collaborate with the coordinator and workplace staff to develop
contextualized lesson plans.
• Attend in-service training, program meetings and other
program-related events as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Relevant teaching and/or training experience
• Curriculum/course development experience with a demonstrated high
level of preparation and attention to detail
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching
• Knowledge of successful strategies for classroom management
• Highly proficient in the use of technology, including Microsoft
Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, primarily),
email, the internet for instruction and program purposes
• Creativity and flexibility in the classroom is expected
• Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education
methodologies and techniques
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
• Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal
skills required • Work collaboratively with students and
• Experience teaching in adult education settings.
• Relevant instructional certifications.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning
theory, life skills and college and career readiness curricula for
Executive Director of Workforce Operations
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
Maximum 19 hours per week
$48.80 Per hour
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
To Be Determined
Application Open Date
Application Close Date (includes the grace period)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue
until all positions are filled.
To apply for this position, complete CCRI’s online application, and
attach a cover letter and resume. Please include information of
three references within the application.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please
contact Human Resources at 401-825-2311. TTY : 401-825-2313.
CCRI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to
creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and
work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the
College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and
retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic
origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran.
Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred
to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at:
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual
report is available here:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * In order to improve CCRI's advertising strategy, please let
us know where you FIRST learned of this job opportunity. Please be
specific when using website or publication names (example:
LinkedIN, HigherEdjobs, Chronicle, personal referral, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application