About Oakton Community College :
For over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting
where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision of the Dean, this position will assist in
the development and manage various partnership initiatives. This
position is estimated to last for about 11 months, with the
opportunity to extend based on the college's needs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with the Dean, Directors, Sr. Program Developer, other
Continuing Education Managers, and staff, to ensure the
development, implementation, and management of high-quality
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective and current
partnership program participants. Provide advisement on
eligibility, time, location requirements, etc.
- Develop program schedules as well as hire, train, and assign
presenters and trainers as needed.
- Manage partner relationships to ensure effective implementation
and management of partnership programs.
- Develop and coordinate intake activities, screen participants,
conduct orientation, etc.
- Provide periodic updates on program success, needs, and
progress to the college and partners
- Assess program effectiveness utilizing program data; recommend
curricula and program design updates as needed.
- Recommend and implement marketing and promotional campaigns and
initiatives to increase enrollment and awareness of partnership
programs utilizing various marketing strategies and mediums.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
General supervision is received from the Dean of Adult and
Continuing Education/Dean of the Skokie Campus
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Marketing, Business or
related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of training
- At least one year of program or project management
- Ability to analyze and make inferences from data utilizing
various statistical tools (e.g., spreadsheets, pivot tables)
- Proven ability to operate independently and collaboratively in
a fast-paced work environment.
- Possess excellent communication (both oral and written),
organizational, and interpersonal skills required to facilitate
collaborative relationships with administrators and technical
professionals in a variety of internal departments and other
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to equity and racial
- Ability to execute multiple projects; be creative while
respecting the integrity of the institution.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural
environment with students, faculty and staff.
Dates and Times
? June 20th - August 4th, 2022. Monday - Thursday, 8:15am - 5pm (32
hours per week)
? August 8th - May 20th, 2023. Monday - Friday, 8:15am - 5pm (40
hours per week)
Occasional in-person attendance may be required given program
needs. This position is estimated to last for about 11 months, with
the opportunity to be extended based on the college's needs. This
casual/temp position is not eligible for benefits or paid time off
(PTO).Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a
Vaccination /Testing Mandate.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are