Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal
arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the
racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body.
The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational
experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty,
administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Dish Room Attendant
position. The Dish Room Attendant is a full-time, year-round
position, job group and level AO-1 ($17.71/hour). Given Amherst's
distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the
country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in
which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a
broadly diverse community.
The Dish Room Attendant supports the efforts of Amherst College
Dining Services in providing the diverse campus community with
excellent service and production of our menus. This position
assists the culinary team with the care and cleaning of all
utensils for the kitchen and the implementation of menu items. This
individual takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce
and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful,
inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
The work schedule is generally Sunday 12:30 pm -9:00 pm,
Monday-Thursday 1:00 pm- 9:30 pm The Dish Room Assistant position
is part of essential services and should report to work, or remain
on duty, even when the college is closed.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Support Serving Area
- Prepare and maintain the stations within the servery
- Maintain the appropriate quantities of food in warmers and on
the serving lines
- Effectively collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues and
- Respond to calls to adequately support the needs of the
- Removes empty pans
- Communicates clearly between the Kitchen and the Front of House
- Support the culinary team with food preparation as needed
- Maintain a high level of sanitation
- Monitor and maintain an adequate supply of products
- Clean surfaces and other food contact areas
- Organize food in warmers
- Reports issues with equipment to appropriate supervisory
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including
the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and interpersonal
- Strong time-management skills including the ability to
multi-task and function efficiently in a fast paced
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including working
occasional evening shifts and overtime including during days
- Commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to taste and work with any and all ingredients
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical and lift
P r e f e r r e d:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license and successful credentialing in order
to operate college vehicles
- Food service experience
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth
and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly
competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and
faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our
overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the
options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements.
Click here for Benefits Information.
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter
online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs
. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to
clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this