Facilities Services Event Support Technician
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
Candidate performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties as
assigned by Facilities Services Support Leadership to provide
support for University events and other custodial duties as
assigned. Candidate will be performing assigned duties within a
team oriented work environment to effectively and efficiently
provide support for event operations and custodial/housekeeping
services and to maintain the high cleanliness standards of
Willamette University. Candidate must be service oriented and be
able to work harmoniously with other staff, faculty, students and
visitors on Campus while performing the duties of this position.
Assignments of duties may vary depending upon the tasks required to
be performed on any given day. Must be flexible to work various
shifts as assigned by the Facilities Services Support
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to perform job duties as assigned by the Facilities
Services Support Leadership in an efficient and professional manner
within given deadlines to assure University event preparations are
properly organized, set up, and supported. Once the event has
concluded, must be able to carefully secure and store event
equipment, clean up, re-setup facility furnishings for the next
scheduled use, and perform other custodial/housekeeping duties as
- Able to work independently and harmoniously with all staff in a
team oriented work environment to maintain the high standards of
the University for event support.
- Typical job responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
the following daily tasks:
- Prepare facilities and rooms for specific events as directed by
Facilities Support Leadership.
- Provides housekeeping/custodial services to event spaces after
events have concluded and setups have been taken down. Readies the
space for the next scheduled use.
- Work with and provide support for student groups setting up,
taking down and storing event equipment such as ASWU stage, for
- Assist Facilities Services Staff as assigned.
- Move furniture and equipment as required to perform duties of
the position or as requested by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides coverage as assigned for other Facilities Services
staff that are out due to illness, vacation, or other otherwise not
able to perform their duties.
- Complete work requests as assigned by Facilities Services
- Must notify supervisor on duty in a timely manner of any
equipment or facilities needing repair or replacement.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits, utilizing safety
equipment as required and immediate reporting of unsafe conditions
to a supervisor.
- Must have a thorough understanding of custodial methods and
cleaning products approved by the University to promote Green
Cleaning, preserve the University's facilities, maintain a high
level of cleanliness, and assure a healthy and safe environment for
all Campus users.
- Provide exemplary customer service at all times.
- Must be able to calmly and effectively assist in emergency
- Incumbent will carry a duty phone or radio.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential
functions of the position.
- One to three years of experience in event support
- A capable use of personal computers and software programs such
as Word, Excel, or any specialized applications and proficiency
with keyboarding, email, word processing, spreadsheet applications,
and database programs desired.
- Ability to frequently and safely lift objects weighing up to 50
- Ability to work from ladders and grids up to 50 feet in height
and catwalks suspended from the ceiling.
- Ability to work extra hours, alternative shifts and flexible
hours as needed. Ability to understand and follow oral and written
instructions and schedules, fill out work order requests, and keep
records of materials used.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
Incumbent must work for extended periods of time while walking,
standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting objects up to 50
pounds, and pushing/pulling heavy carts of equipment while often
exposed to dirt, dust, obnoxious odors and inclement weather in
areas sometimes dimly-lit. Often requires traveling from building
to building outdoors and routinely traversing steps / stairs. An
employer-paid pre-placement physical is required.
Salary: $15.02 per hour
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received
until position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of
your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Facilities-Services-Event-Support-Technician_R0004333-1
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume