University of Idaho
Shop Stores Clerk
$18.65 per hour or higher depending on education
The Shop Stores Clerk performs routine manual and moderately
complex clerical and physical work of a general warehouse or
stockroom nature including researching, purchasing, receiving,
inventorying, storing, accounting for, and issuing services,
supplies, equipment, and materials used by the Facilities
Department for maintaining the campus buildings and infrastructure.
The Shop Stores Clerk will review invoices for payment, approve
invoices, maintain an inventory of commonly used items; research
pricing from online stores, and complete other work-related tasks
as needed to provide smooth operations, compliance with UI
policies, and customer satisfaction.
This is an essential position that may be called upon in
the event of an emergency and/or University closure.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience performing routine storekeeping and warehousing
methods and practices, including receiving, storing, inventorying
and distributing general and special order materials.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word
processing, email, and internet searches.
- Experience providing customer service
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- BS in Business, Accounting, or a related field
- Experience handling sensitive information and financial
- Experience entering and analyzing financial transactions and
- Experience working in a university maintenance stores
- Experience in a purchasing/storeroom/warehouse setting
- Experience with UI computer software including Banner, Famis,
and Chrome River.
- Experience working with inventory management and controls.
- Certification on Forklift Operations.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Ability to lift or otherwise move up to 60 pounds in a routine,
repetitive manner as needed.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, walk on a routine basis
throughout the work day.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to
meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
Open Until Filled:
This position is currently being recruited at 80% time or 32 hours
per week, with the possibility of going up to 100% or 40 hours a
week depending on the candidate.
Applications submitted by May 26, 2022 will receive first
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative