Job Title: Bursar Coordinator
Job ID: 23950
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Assistant Bursar for Student Payment Services,
the Bursar Coordinator is primarily responsible for counseling
students in meeting college financial obligations, and resolving
student account issues.
The Bursar Coordinator will:
- Serve as liaison to the Call Center, Enrollment Services
Center, Registrar, and the Office of Financial Aid.
- Advise students on all options available to them for payment of
tuition and fees.
- Review student account information and conduct appropriate
research to rectify any issues. Initiate and follow up on CRM
tickets to CUNY Central for assistance with troubleshooting account
issues that cannot be handled at the local campus level.
- Work closely with the Collections Coordinator to maximize
revenue for the College.
- Coordinate outreach to students with outstanding balances.
- Review tuition liability cases and adjust accounts as
- Review office communications for accuracy and consistency.
- Update and maintain the Bursar’s Office website including
- Assist with the supervision of the Enrollment Services Center
in the evening as necessary.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption
(medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be
considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully
vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks
past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen.
Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is
- Evening and weekend hours may be required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Provides operational support for a College student accounts
- Performs processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance
of student receivables
- Counsels students in meeting college financial obligations
including current tuition, prior receivables and methods of
payment; responds to student account inquiries
- Maintains revenue files; prepares reports as required
- Assists in the review of student accounts; identifies and
reports delinquent accounts
- May assist in the evaluation and verification of student
eligibility for various loans and grants
- Provides support to ensure the smooth flow of business
operations and completion of required administrative tasks within
the office; may supervise clerical and/or part-time staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation,
supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and
professional development. We offer a range of health plans,
competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition
waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off.
Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and
athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to
participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the
greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now'', create or log
in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you
are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit
Applicants should upload a cover letter and current resume in
.doc or .pdf format.
June 10, 2022
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans
and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also
included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees
will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally
protected category, including sexual orientation or gender
identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.