Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community
college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston,
has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse
group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of
students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling
individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique
programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental
Location address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Vice President, Student Success holds direct management
authority and accountability to execute policies and operational
initiatives for a department, group of departments, or functional
area. P rovides leadership for improving student success through
student services and student development and through collaborations
with instructional leaders. In addition, the VP develops and
implements comprehensive programming for Student success and
represents a campus within the system and community. The incumbent
establishes and maintains partnerships with various individuals,
agencies, and businesses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represents the assigned campus given to incumbent; presents
materials at local, regional, and national conferences.
- Provides vision and leadership for an integrated student
services and student development model that works closely with
instruction to create a student-centered system.
- Develops and implements a college-wide comprehensive enrollment
management system that integrates the entire student experience
from recruitment to retention and includes assessment, advising,
counseling, disability services and student life.
- Develops ongoing training, commencement activities, and
behavioral intervention team.
- Attends monthly meetings and as needed; serves on numerous
campus committees and local boards and committees.
- Manages and maintains the budget on a regular basis.
- Provides leadership for outreach and retention to reflect
parity with the service area demographics.
- Represents the college on student services policy and
coordination issues within the community, college system, and
- Establishes and maintains partnerships and other community
relationships that expand the college's ability to serve the
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as
- Ability to build high performing, student-oriented team
- Ability to provide dynamic and proactive educational
- Ability to design integrated systems and processes
- Ability to establish successful outreach programs to ensure
area residents have opportunities in higher education
- Ability and commitment to working collaboratively with an
emphasis on college-wide approaches and effective involvement of
- Commitment to promoting diversity in student and employee
- Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community
- Commitment to ensuring student safety through establishment of
- Proven effectiveness in allocating and managing resources
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Proven ability to provide innovative and visionary
- Ability to successfully implement effective recruitment and
retention programs that reflect the community's diversity
- Expertise in using data to evaluate improvements in processes
and their impact on student success
- Ability and skill to develop policies, long range plans, and
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may
periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Ability to manage or administer grant funds
- Ability to manage the budget within an assigned department
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- Master’s degree and at least 10 years of related work
experience, with at least 5 years in a Manager- or Director-level
Hiring salarye is $125,140.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full
comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number
of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition
waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.