TUTOR - SCIENCE CENTER (GENERAL BIOLOGY) - PART-TIME
Truman College’s Science Center is seeking a part-time Tutor for
General Biology. The Science Center at Truman is a study space
designed to help students thrive academically in biology,
chemistry, physics and other sciences. Tutors assist tutees in
developing and improving their competency in course work; and help
students integrate and apply effective study skills, note-taking,
test-taking strategies, and time management and organizational
skills to their specific courses. Tutors work with students in
various programs across the colleges, providing individual and
small group tutoring in science. Tutors also work inside the
classroom as embedded tutors.
- Provide academic assistance and tutoring to students on an
- Tutor students to help them gain a deeper comprehension of
course materials and a better understanding of work assignments to
improve their academic success.
- Craft effective tutoring plans to address tutee’s weaknesses
and strengths; motivates students and provides them with confidence
to feel successful.
- Provide students with learning strategies including ways to
improve study skills and retention, how to organize work, effective
use of time, and how to build better study habits.
- Make and create instructional materials and/or workshops.
- Plan workshops for students and staff.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or
university in Biology or related field.
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic
support to students at the post-secondary instructional level is
- Experience working in a large, urban community college
environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,