Career Opportunity Number
Executive Administrative Assistant 1
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
· Associate’s degree;
· 1 years of experience in clerical/administrative support or
· Minimum Education Qualification can be substituted with an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required
to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
The annual salary is $36,572. A competitive benefit package is
Special Instructions to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE :
• Cover letter, resume, and transcripts are required and must be
attached to the online application in order to receive any
• Interviews will be conducted by a hiring committee.
• We offer all full-time employees medical, dental, vision, and
life insurance plans, as well as retirement, 403b, employee
assistance, and flexible spending and health savings account. We
have a generous time-off policy including vacation, sick/personal
days, holidays, and paid spring and winter break.
We can’t wait to show you why Metropolitan Community College is a
great place to work!
Incumbents provide advanced and comprehensive administrative
support for an assigned dean.
* EOE /M/F/Vet/Disabled
Typical Essential Duties
· Collects, prepares, reconciles, reviews, verifies, and/or
maintains comprehensive information, data, documents, and records;
ensures information accuracy and compliance with applicable
standards, policies, and procedures.
· Prepares and reviews budget requests; monitors budget spending,
accounts, or bills; monitors fund availability; and provides status
updates to departments.
· Prepares, edits, proofreads, reviews, prints, processes,
maintains, and/or submits correspondence, reports, records,
certificates, forms, letters, pay sheets, training schedules,
contracts, payroll, and other general and financial documents;
ensures information accuracy and compliance with applicable laws,
standards, policies, and procedures; reviews documents for accuracy
before giving to VP to sign.
· work may also include performing quantitative data analysis when
· Processes, monitors, reviews, and/or reconciles invoices,
accounts, check requests, invoices, purchase orders,
reimbursements, deposits, receipts, and IT or other tickets or
requests; contacts personnel/departments/agencies via phone or
email to collect payment dues, or facilitate assigned
· Schedules and coordinates appointments, reservations, meetings,
workshops, trainings, or other events/activities; sets up
conference calls and zoom meetings; creates presentations;
maintains calendars; prepares meeting agendas; transcribes meeting
minutes; sets up rooms/lab facilities; maintains a parking lot list
of those assigned to park in the reserved lots; and coordinates
with program participants and other relevant individuals.
· Plans and implements events, to include preparing promotional and
other materials; managing enrollment processes; coordinating with
event participants, vendors, media, and other parties; and
performing other operations related to planning and organizing
· Maintains and updates departmental systems or databases; updates
websites and social media accounts, maintains their accuracy; and
provides technical support, to include training end-users on system
operation, and troubleshooting basic technical issues.
· Performs customer service duties to include providing
program/department information, referrals, or other services to
students, staff, and other visitors; greeting and directing
visitors, students, or staff to appropriate personnel/departments;
and answering telephones.
· Coordinates and collaborates with internal and/or external
personnel, departments, and agencies, when necessary, to
communicate information, serves as a liaison, provides assistance
or information, represents the Dean, maintains effective working
relations, and facilitates event and departmental operations.
· Performs office management duties to include maintaining
inventory; ordering supplies; and sorting and distributing
· Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and
· Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and college laws,
policies, standards, and regulations;
· Knowledge of filing and recordkeeping practices;
· Knowledge of computers and related software applications;
· Knowledge of event planning and organization principles;
· Knowledge of customer service principles;
· Knowledge of filing principles and practices;
· Knowledge of English language, grammar, and punctuation;
· Knowledge of budget principles;
· Skilled in using a computer and related software
· Skilled in utilizing modern office equipment;
· Skilled in providing customer service;
· Skilled in proofreading and editing documents;
· Skilled in preparing reports and forms;
· Skilled in typing correspondence, memos, and/or other related
· Skilled in planning and organizing events;
· Skilled in maintaining confidentiality;
· Skilled in assembling and organizing data and information;
· Skilled in monitoring a budget;
· Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
* No staffing table positions.
Positions in this class typically require: feeling, grasping,
hearing, fingering, reaching, repetitive motion, standing, talking,
visual acuity, and walking. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10
pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise
move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves
sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in
clerical/administrative support or related area?
- one to two years
- two to three years
- three to four years
- four or more years
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Letter of Recommendation 03
- Letter of Recommendation 04