Extra Help - Paraprofessional
Position's Functional Title
Athletic Trainer, On Call - Extra Help
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
This is a temporary assignment that will end at the discretion
of the department or when funding or hours are exhausted.
GSU is seeking an Extra Help – On Call Athletic Trainer. The On
Call Athletic Trainer, will provide sports training for GSU
athletes on a as needed basis as requested by head trainer.
Additional responsibilities will include:
· Administer daily medical coverage for respective collegiate
athletic teams. (practice and events). (15%)
· Travel with a sports team to provide care (5%).
· Evaluation and documentation of athletic injuries. (10%)
· Provide training and information for the prevention and
recognition for common injuries/illness within athletic
· Administer preventive or rehabilitative treatment to athletes
engage in various university sports. (5%)
· Follow standing order reviewed and approved annually by the team
· Oversees athletic training facility, including the maintenance of
equipment and the inventory of supplies (5%)
· Establishes and maintains accurate records of athletes for
eligibility based on physical examinations, reports concerning
accidents, injuries, treatments, and physician referrals.
· Maintain a clean, effective, and efficient athletic training
· Ensure timely and proper communication to appropriate parties
· Adhere to all CCAC and NAIA athletic training by laws, rules,
regulations, policies and procedures. (5%)
· Equip each team with appropriate medical supplies. (5%)
· Follow up with athletes and coaches to complete appropriate
reports for all accidents and file reports with insurance company.
· Work collaboratively with the team physician, athletic training
unit, athletic director and coaches in providing technical services
and information for prevention and recognition of injuries and
emergency response. (5%)
· Promotes the university’s mission philosophy, vision and advance
the university’s professional image (5%)
· Follow BOC code of ethics and NATA best practices. (5%)
· Performs other duties as assigned by the head athletic trainer
The hourly rate of pay is $30.00
Work Schedule: To be determined (On Call)
• Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training, science, health related
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
- This is a temporary assignment that will end at the
discretion of the department or when funding or hours are
- The hourly rate of pay is $30.00
- Work Schedule: To be determined (On Call)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Have you attach a copy of your college/university transcripts
that states your degree awarded with the conferred date?
- Have you attached your Resume`?
- College/University Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- List of Three Professional References
- Certification/Professional License
- Letter of Recommendation