Non-Credit Instructor- Chef's Assistant
- Middlesex College
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 17, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Other Science & Technology, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Food Services Management
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- The Workforce Development and Lifelong Learning department at
Middlesex College invites applications for a part-time, non-credit
Chef Assistant to support the Chef Instructor in non-credit cooking
classes during the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
- Assists the Chef Instructor in food preparation.
- Maintains proper food prep, storage, and service procedures in the operation of the kitchen.
- Utilizes basic knife skills.
- Demonstrates cooking skills when needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of the workspace and kitchen.
- Provides personalized support to students enrolled in the class.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of culinary or food service experience
- Adult teaching experience
- Experience teaching in a remote environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong commitment to teaching excellence
Please include availability in your application.
Please be aware that this is an instructor pool position. Your completed application will enable hiring official to contact you at some point in the future if and when a hiring need arises for future semesters.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert