Coordinator of Advocacy and Accountability
Duties and Responsibilities:
AUM Office of Student Affairs, at Auburn University at Montgomery
is seeking a Coordinator of Advocacy and Accountability. Reporting
to the Dean of Students, this position functions as a key leader in
the accountability area providing leadership and direction to all
areas of student conduct including; but not limited to: supporting
institutional case management, oversight of educational outcomes,
collaboration with Residential Life on training, and works on
special projects that may include policy development and review,
data analysis, and departmental assessment.
Coordinator of Advocacy and Accountability:
- Coordinates activities associated with Advocacy and
Accountability, other assigned programs and assists administrator
- Serves at the university’s primary Maxient resource.
- Coordinates with all offices in Enrollment Management division
to ensure review of applicants with criminal histories.
- Assists the Assistant Dean and Dean in selecting, training and
facilitating faculty and staff to serve on hearing boards.
- Analyze and respond to student behavior incidents and trends;
perform needs assessments to devise intervention and program
strategies and direct efforts to foster a safe and academically
supportive college environment.
- Monitor best practices related to behavioral intervention teams
and provide recommendations and implementation in conjunction with
- Review incoming incident reports, mail, and correspondence
related to student and potential student behavioral standards and
student code of conduct; maintain documentation on student
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal laws, including Title
IX and Clery Act requirements.
- Monitor compliance with conduct sanctions and follow-up
- Oversee investigations into alleged violations of Code of
- Oversee training of all institutional staff and faculty on
conduct related matters.
- Support the Orientation through workshop presentation and
- Coordinate special projects as needed.
- Develop new programmatic initiatives in conjunction with other
units on campus.
- Collaborate with Admissions and Enrollment Management
stakeholders to establish and utilize communication and data flows
to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of student communication and
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful candidate should possess the following knowledge,
skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable University practices and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs to include Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge of the transition needs of first-year and transfer
- Ability to speak in public and make presentations
- Ability to supervise
- Interpersonal skills
- Written communication skills
- Ability to respond to multiple competing demands
- Ability to use a computer and relevant software
- Ability to work with individuals from various backgrounds
- Ability to effectively use technology
- Ability to input data into a CRM and manage students
registration and check-in in the orientation registration
- Ability to process, review, and evaluate student documents
- Ability to conduct student interviews
- Ability to provide training for participants, students, and/or
A Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience in work related
to student services is required. At least one (1) year of direct
experience with student conduct administration is desirable.
Experience working in higher education is preferred. Additional
education in related field may be substituted for experience.
The successful candidate must be a passionate and energetic,
self-motivated team player with sound judgment, management and
problem-solving skills, flexibility and the ability to manage
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and
security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees
at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty
to immediately report information that has the potential to
adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery is committed to keeping its
campus community safe and will follow applicable local, state and
federal guidelines and regulations regarding COVID -19 policies and
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The salary range budgeted for this position is up to $40K
annually. Is this an acceptable salary range for you?