OCIO | Administration
Position Summary: Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, as
a member of the Office of Technology and Digital Innovation (OTDI)
Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Data Integrations Officer (CDIO)
will be charged with uplifting the data maturity of the University
to become more disciplined in its approach to how data is
collected, stored, and used and providing a modern and scalable
data infrastructure. This position is also a key participant in
strategic technology collaborations with university stakeholders,
as well as intra-university groups and consortiums. The successful
candidate will be an innovative strategic thinker with an open and
collaborative style of leadership and management that fosters
teamwork, sustains a learning environment for staff, and develops a
dedicated, results-oriented, and partner focused team that
continuously fosters trust throughout the university community.
- Lead the university’s enterprise data integration strategy and
- Developing a university culture that embraces data
- Ensure that data is treated as an institutional asset and is
available to optimize the student experience and operational
efficiency, recognizing the criticality of data in decision
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data
management, integrations, services, and analytics.
- Define, manage, and advance management platforms, operations,
tools, principles, policies and programs for stewardship, advocacy
and custodianship of data management, integrations, services, and
- Develop training and support for data analysts, scientists, and
integration programmers across the university to allow them to use
institutional data in support of local decision making and process
- Lead strategic conversations through which decisions about
targeted investments and strategic opportunities around data
management and platforms are made.
- Provide direct oversight for staff development and ensure
continual skill growth; ensure that staff skills are aligned with
the services and initiatives they are responsible for delivering;
and foster cross-functional teamwork.
Minimum Education Requirement: BS/BA
Additional Education Desired: MS/MA
- 15+ years experience managing large-scale data programs in a
- Proven leadership in the realm of data strategy development
and/or Enterprise Architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to envision, develop, and implement
ambitious plans for enterprise data management.
- Visionary and collaborative leadership experience leading teams
in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated credibility and effectiveness in interacting
across all levels of an organization.
- Experience serving users with varying level of data
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication
The Target Hiring Range for this position is $220,000 -
For application and more information, please
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity,
gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS
status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or
any other bases under the law. Applicants are encouraged to
complete and submit the Equal Employment Identification form.