Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs serves on the Vice
President’s Leadership Team as a senior member of the Division and
supports the vision, mission, professional development, creation
and implementation of the strategic enrollment and retention plan
for Baltimore City Community College. A primary responsibility of
the AVPSA is the admissions/recruitment operations of the College.
Additionally, the AVPSA provides leadership and oversees key
performance metrics for the Offices of Advising, Financial Aid,
Registrar, and other areas, as assigned.
**Please provide 7 professional references, uploaded in an
- Supervise and direct all functions of the Office of
- Provides strategic vision, planning, and leadership for the
integrated delivery of the College's enrollment programs and
policies including development, implementation, delivery and
evaluation of enrollment management goals, objectives, and
activities. Collaborate across the organization to enhance
enrollment services and to provide college-wide coordination and
- Assesses effectiveness of enrollment initiatives and
activities. Make appropriate adjustments to remain continuously
proactive and responsive to external forces and the College’s
- needs. Oversees the analysis and development of regular reports
on college enrollment and student characteristics.
- Leads efforts to determine the causes of attrition and the
factors that promote and increase student persistence and
completion; Plans, develops, implements, and assesses programs that
support educational experiences which enrich the academic
environment and promote student progress toward degree
- Develops programs and initiatives to appropriately engage
faculty, staff, students, alumni, trustees, and parents in the
enrollment effort. Optimizes the use of financial aid to recruit
- Collaborates with marketing staff to create, implement, and
evaluate marketing communications in support of enrollment
- Collaborates with institutional advancement staff to
continually scan and respond to the internal and external
environment to advance the college’s standing, effectiveness,
- reputation as it relates to enrollment management.
- Builds and maintains mutually beneficial partnerships with
community high schools and 4-year institutions.
- Provides administrative oversight for Admissions, Advising,
Financial Aid, Records and Registration including budgets,
personnel, evaluation and assessment, action plans and daily
- Serves as a key leader in ensuring that all enrollment
management functional areas have processes, policies, technology,
and resources necessary to achieve enrollment goals. Interprets and
implements state/federal regulations and College policies and
procedures related to admissions, registration, advising and
financial aid and ensure compliance with related program, state,
and federal rules, laws, and regulations.
- Ensures the provision of high quality, customer-oriented
service and support in enrollment services and processes. Maintains
memberships and participate in appropriate professional
- Serves on division and college-wide committees as
- Represents and act on behalf of the Vice President of Student
Affairs, as assigned. Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, College
Student Personnel Administration, or related discipline from a
regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible, professional experience
at the director level or above in an admissions/recruitment
functional area and in the supervision of staff. Demonstrated
experience working with diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use data-analytics and
predictive modeling to increase enrollment. Outstanding
interpersonal and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive relationships with
students and student organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate programs with other college
departments and to assess program effectiveness. Excellent verbal
and written communication skills, strong computer skills.
- Ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential matters
discreetly. Ability to work independently with little
- Experience with current and emerging technology (hardware and
software solutions) related to recruitment, admissions, and
financial aid, including expertise with enrollment management
systems and web-based recruitment efforts.
- Experience leading enrollment management teams.
- Experience with modern Student Information Systems such as
Banner or Colleague
- Experience implementing a new CRM or ERP
- Terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution of