Adjunct Faculty - Nutrition
- Middlesex College
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 17, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Health & Medicine, Dentistry, Nutrition, Humanities, English as a Second Language, Other Humanities
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- The Dental Hygiene department at Middlesex College invites
applications for part-time Adjunct Faculty Members to teach
Nutrition during the Spring semester of the 2022-2023 Academic
Year. The course will be offered Mondays 1:30pm -3:30pm from
January 23, 2023 through May 9, 2023.
Course Description : This course is designed to provide each dental hygiene student with an understanding of basic nutrition as it applies to general and oral health. Topics covered include the fundamental biochemical principles of nutrients, nutrient requirements, food sources, and related diseases. Students learn nutritional concepts as they apply to preventive dentistry. These concepts emphasize dietary analysis and counseling for caries susceptible and periodontally involved patients.
Students are introduced to the evaluation and use of nutritional references and educational materials to enhance patient treatment.
- Registered Dental Hygienist or Dentist with Certification in Nutrition
- Experience teaching adult learners
- Subject matter expertise
- Experience teaching in a remote environment
- Familiarity with Canvas
- Experience teaching in higher education
Please indicate day, evening, and/or Saturday availability in your application. Note that the rate of pay is determined by the collective bargaining agreement.
Please be aware that this is an adjunct pool position. Your completed application will enable hiring officials to contact you at some point in the future if and when a hiring need arises for a future semester.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert